Sync display - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 13:14   #1 (permalink)

Sync display

I have a new 2014 SE and the display is driving me crazy! I know I'm old and stupid and the dealer went over a lot when I got the car but................
I just want the time and date on the display while I'm driving instead of it saying something about bluetooth or sync or whatever. Is this asking too much? Do I need to talk to the lady in my dash to accomplish this?
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 13:23   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Sync display

This should give you all the info and help you need ,

Videos About Your Vehicle
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 13:25   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

P.s

From someone else who is old and stupid , if having problems I usually get my son or daughter to set things like this up .Saves all the hassle .
Old 01-31-2014, 17:47   #4 (permalink)

Did I mention I downloaded the ridiculous 400 page users manual when I got the car. It seems all the info in your link applies to the touch screen. I have an ordinary screen with all kinds of menu's. Trouble is there is no part of any menu, such as the master rest, I can find that tells all the menu's to go away and just leave time/date. Failing that, I'll find the fuse for the display area and remove it and glue a digital clock in it's place.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:09   #5 (permalink)

As I threatened, I just pulled the fuse, inside #F10, and all is good now. I find it incredible that the 7 different instructions I gathered from dealer, website and forums, and not one was the same or had information that matched my very common setup. Perhaps it was just a software hangup but then you can't use the functions to reset the software. It's called a "Catch22". There are about 60 active fuses on this car so guess what I went out and bought an assortment of today?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:34   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Bad set up if you cant get a solution from the dealers or elsewhere to this simple function . If pulling the fuse doesn't affect anything else and you can live with it , job done . Thanks for updating the forum .Hopefully we may get a solution down the line .
Old 02-05-2014, 11:30   #7 (permalink)

I just pulled the fuse one night and since the snow was piling up quickly, I just waited until morning to put it and the glovebox back. Now the display has nothing but the time and date until you bring up one of the menus and then it reverts back as I always expected it to do but it never did. Doesn't look like it affected anything else. The fuse is labeled "audio/SYNC" so it narrows it down a bit. I'm going to play with it a bit to see if I can find the elusive "reset" function that all say is there somewhwere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum