TDCI 1.4 Advice Req ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 10:53   #1 (permalink)

Question TDCI 1.4 Advice Req ?

I have recently bought a Fiesta 1.4 TDCI of which people tell me that they are superb on fuel consumption, i do alot of motorway driving - but never got more than 390 miles of a tank of diesel, would you say this is good or bad, my car has only done 3500 miles, i dont know if it will get better as time goes on running in, i would appriciate your responces so that i can determine if this is the normal fuel consumption - regards Nat
natnlancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2005, 07:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: TDCI 1.4 Advice Req ?

I have the exact same problem.

I get approximately 600 KM on 36 Liters of diesel on my 2005 Fiesta 1.4TDCI(excuse me for speaking metric). I am at almost 14,000 KM now, I also thought it might be because the car was new, but I'm losing hope now.

Granted, I cruise at around 140 KPH and accelerate relatively hard, but still I was expecting better "gas mileage".
DOUBLECLUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 14:15   #3 (permalink)

hi mate, well we will have to take it that they are all the same, bad on fuel , I have a 2.3 Diesel Sierra which when towing a caravan does more to the gallon than my fiesta. also dont bother trying to change a side light bulb as its nearly impossible, im taking mine to the garage tommorow [ just for a bulb ] regards Nat
natnlancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 13:52   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnlancs
hi mate, well we will have to take it that they are all the same, bad on fuel , I have a 2.3 Diesel Sierra which when towing a caravan does more to the gallon than my fiesta. also dont bother trying to change a side light bulb as its nearly impossible, im taking mine to the garage tommorow [ just for a bulb ] regards Nat
I too own a tdci fiesta ,i purchased it as i had read you should get 64 mpg ,i have sold my own car and checked the mpg on the fiesta as the wife had been running it ,to my disbelief i was luck to get 42 mpg ,my 7 seater seat alhambra 110hp tdi that was chipped was returning 40 mpg.i spoke to a ford mechanic friend who said some of the fords need their software updated ,this will cost £50.ford know there is problems but dont rectify these at services .i want to get the best mpg on the car as i want to try a tuning unit on it (i sell them ).there is no point of fitting it until i get better mpg
john barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 14:54   #5 (permalink)

I am in the same situation, I bougtht the 1.4 TDCI because of the mpg but am only getting 45 - 50 to the gallon. Are you saying that I can get Ford to recify this problem for£50. If this is the case I will make that money back in a matter of weeks and it will be worth doing
davici is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum