zetec misfire - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53   #1 (permalink)

zetec misfire

it me again leefish this time my problem is a misfire or some thing ,thought it was dirty petrol as i live in a vert dodgy part of ireland ,along the border and we get a lot of fuel laundering and for those that dont know what this is, its mixing petrol with heating oil. most petrol stations have some sort of scam going on with fuel so it rife here..well back to the car my fiesta 1.4 zetec usually going slow with small revs i get amiss ,bit of a chug , like driving at 30 mph then put the foot down you get a small pull back, any ideas, had new plugs fitted some months ago after the trouble with the watter coming in got that fixed.
leefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2007, 11:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: zetec misfire

With the water in plug-holes prob. you need to change all HT items, ie plugs, leads, coil-pack for a complete cure.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:44   #3 (permalink)

Re: zetec misfire

im afraid i didnt do any thing yet with the coil pack or leads its not to bad , bur another problem has to do with the starter motor . this only happens in the morning first thing ,the stsrter just spins but doesnt engage then after 4 or 5 times trying it the car will start.the starter is not engaging or the engine turning just awizzing noise. leefish
leefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum