BA Fairmont - 3D Stylez - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom > PhotoShop Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2004, 06:02   #1 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

BA Fairmont - 3D Stylez

Been working on this for a while now, and I'm gonna use it in an animation for my major project next year at uni; I guess I'm in the same boat as Bounce. I made the fairmont cos it's been a great car to us and I really like em. Made it in 3DSMAX6 and used some photos i took of the old fairmont for a 360view thing, and had to keep running back and forth for hours on end finetuning the lights. I can imagine I'll probably be doing some tweaking some time down the track as you'll always notice something or never completely be happy with how something looks. So some time next year, expect a video, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2004, 06:05   #2 (permalink)
E-series mutantette

Re: BA Fairmont - 3D Stylez

wow, niiiice!, cant wait to see the vid hehe
Sub on the way!
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:15   #3 (permalink)

looks sweet... did a great job on the lights... wd man
Old 06-28-2004, 07:33   #4 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Good bloody job EB-maen, I use 3DSMAX6 and I can appreciate the work that has gone into this....can't wait to see the finished product!

Good on ya!

XR Luxury Pack with Premium Audio, Sports Leather Seats, Dual Zone Climate Control, Auto on/off headlights

DVD Satellite Navigation, Sunroof, 18" alloys, Tinted Windows, XR Carpet Mats, XR Scuff Plates, Auxillary Audio Plug-in.

ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:39   #5 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

Another top job.

Falcon GT Club of Australia

FPV & XR Owner's Club of Victoria

I drive, I vote and I'll go out of my way to see you out of government Mr Bracks. You lied your way into power and you lie to keep it. Enough lies!!! You're out of here!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:41   #6 (permalink)

Very nice! It looks great!

I have to agree... the lights were a pain for me too. Took ages, still not right. I gotta tweak the indicator.

How did you go with the doors? I found them to be the hardest of all for some reason. They still ain't right :( But i'm a bit over it now.
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 17:59   #7 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

I was constantly tweaking that sloped strip under the windows that runs along the side of the car to get the shape of it right, and to get the hand-scoop area on the door handles was annoying; since I had already modeled the doors and was putting the door handles into them, I first tried a boolean subtract but as always, booleans cant do anything good if their life depends on it, so i had to slice it up, lol, which was hard to then get the surrounding area looking flush with everything else. I know what you mean about being over it, I actually stopped doing anything to it for about 3 weeks and then I thought, I wanna make the EB but I'm not gonna leave the BA unfinished. I'll get some rear shots up when I'm down with the rear lights, which are about 10000x more difficult to get looking good than the front.
Old 06-28-2004, 18:07   #8 (permalink)

I know what you mean.... When I made my doors I was going to just insert the handles at the end... it took alot of stuffing around. I ended up freezing the doors, which makes each polygon into around 50 small poly's. It worked, but was expensive.

As for the rear light, they drove me nuts.. in the end I went and took a photo of a rear light and textured it on. It really lets the back end down, but the detail in the lights is too over the top to get looking right.
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 16:27   #9 (permalink)

woah nice :)
way better then mine attempts
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 05:18   #10 (permalink)
Mountain man'

wow, i can tell hours and hours have gone into that
looks great!@
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom > PhotoShop Forum