BA Mercedes style coupe - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom > PhotoShop Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2002, 18:38   #1 (permalink)
falconS

BA Mercedes style coupe and BA convertible

Here are some pics i did up quickly, a BA coupe and a BA convertible.

I thought that the BA had a similar style body to the current Mercedes, and I started wondering what a BA Falcon/SL55 AMG would look like. Here is my take on it, i encourage anyone out there who has better software then me to improve on it and make it look better/higher quality.
Just some help notes if anyone wants to improve it:
-I squashed the cabin/roofline down to give it that sleek, racer look
-i don't have the software to add spoilers to it and i am glad. I think a spoiler would ruin the sleek lines. Just look at the SL55 AMG, the Jaguar XK8 coupe and the Ferrari Maranello none of them have spoilers, Ford was on a good thing when they released the first T-Series without spoilers.
- I left the wheelbase the same but shortened the body by removing a decent amount of the cabin.
- the doorhandles are missing for a reason. To maintain those sleek lines.

The convertible is also based on the futura body. The wheelbase and eveything else is same as the original, all i changed was removing the roof, lowering the ride height and added some XR6 alloys. Perfect for those long summer beachside cruises.
They are too large to post here but if you want to see them go to http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...400&uid=732926

or if the link doesn't work, go to http://www.picturetrail.com and type 'Jamalala' in the member/album search bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2002, 18:45   #2 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

VERY nice indeed, now all u need to do is perswade ford into production... id love to see these things running around, screw monaro we have the car of the decade.... now all we need to do is produce it:S hmmmm

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 19:22   #3 (permalink)
falconS

thanx 4 the feedbac

IMO its the lower roof that makes it so sexy. If you want i will post another pic of the coupe without the lowered roof and you will see what i mean. (it looked kinda goofy, life a bubble sort of...)
Old 10-14-2002, 19:36   #4 (permalink)

Very good Falcon. Can you try stretching the rear a little more? The hood looks too long otherwise, so stretch that rear side window more maybe? (Or shorten the front over hang, or stretch the doors) Whatever works LOL
LWB Falcon looks great, remember Fairlane designs typically use Falcon wagon rear doors, and feature a window behind that. If I could use Photoshop as well as some of the guys on here, i would give it a shot myself :-) keep up the good work!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 21:23   #5 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

Don't mind that 4 door convertable :).... would be an awesome, unique car to own.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:05   #6 (permalink)

Didn't like the convertable - but the coupe is the goods - bonnet scoop is a little funny or bonnet is too long - there is something just not quite balanced, but the upswept line from bonnet to boot is fantastic.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:49   #7 (permalink)
falconS

REVISED BA COUPE PICTURES

Due to feedback and my own dislike for the bonnet bulge on my BA coupe photoshopped picture, I have added another pic without the bonnet bulge, but with a slightly higher bonnet and I have to say it looks a lot better. Pure horn, but with that bit of German inspired sleekness.

Anyway check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...531&uid=732926

(p.s. the revised pic is the one titled "no bonnet bulge"
Old 10-15-2002, 04:57   #8 (permalink)

with a bonnet that big i wonder how big a motor you could put in it- giggle.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 05:31   #9 (permalink)
falconS

Thats a good point fonz, as you know Ford Motor Co. owns Aston Martin. What you may or may not know is that Aston Martin uses a V12 in its Vanquish coupe which is similar in size and shape to this beast I have created.

The AM V12 spec sheet reads:
- 343kW @ 6800 rpm
- 542 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- top speed of 306 km/h
- 0-100km/h in 5 seconds

However, I have a feeling that FPV could probably get it around the 400kW, 350km/h, 700Nm, 0-100 in 4.5 secs mark. Which would take the fight right up to Mercedes Benz's SLR supercar which they are hoping will be the worlds fastest production car.

SLR spec sheet reads:*
-supercharged 6.0L V8
-410kW @ 6500 rpm and 720 Nm @ 4000 rpm
-0-100km/h in just over 4 seconds
top speed 330 km/h

*info. taken from Wheels October ed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slr.jpg (21.7 KB, 62 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom > PhotoShop Forum