Ford Forums banner

EF Falcon (nothin special)

2K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  XR8 Lamah 
#1 ·
I saw this pic on the tyre factory site while i was looking for a quote on my rims, and because its prett much exactly what ill be doing i thought id Photoshop it a bit. nothin special....just wanted to see what it'd look like....so here it is...

orignial

what im hoping for

color isnt for sure atm....jsut have to wait and see whats available

See less See more
#2 ·
thank god that pinstripe was removed :D
looks pretty decent!

#3 ·
EFFalcon said:
thank god that pinstripe was removed :D
looks pretty decent!
hehe how much better does it look without the silver 1. If mine has that it will definitely be coming off. just hope its as easy as it was in photoshop. anyone know about gettin the pinstriping off? is it easy/hard and does it damage the paint etc...

also...whats involved in gettin the black 1 off.....i really like the look of it without it....so if its not to hard and doesnt require respray or anythin....i might do it

anyone know?

#4 ·
the white ones are usually able to be peeled off with a hair dryer

the black ones i'm unsure on, but since mines coming off by itself! it can't be too hard

#5 ·
EFFalcon said:
the white ones are usually able to be peeled off with a hair dryer

the black ones i'm unsure on, but since mines coming off by itself! it can't be too hard
hehe well the white/silver 1 will definitely come off if its on there....and as for the black 1....if i end up getting a dark colored car...like yours....then it wont be such a problem....but if it was burgundy....then i would definitely wanna get it off.....whats the go underneath? i assume its painted all nice etc....and that any glue could be removed?

#6 ·
there is a tape/glue stuff to remove, i aint done mine yet, but i will.
i think the paint is ok under it but i'm not too sure and won't know till i remove it :p

#9 ·
my car lacks mudflaps :p

#11 ·
hehe John, looks like you could have used em on that day :p

i dunno if i like the look....they seem to comlete the half circle of the guard. Maybe some color coded ones like on the fairmonts would help. hmmmmm

*thinks

#12 ·
i took them off coz they scraped, and colour coded ones on light colours look verrrrry weird. :)

#14 ·
they BOTH look hot - green one and red.....

James

#15 ·
EFFalcon's does look very nice...hopefully mine will look like the burgundy one too.......maybe not that color...but hot just the same ;)

btw john, when you got your rims, did they come with the centre caps, and ahve they got the tickford logo on em?

#16 ·
yeh the centre caps were part of the rim price, with the tickford logo :)

#17 · (Edited)
Consider colour coded side mirrors. That would be a nice touch. I also second the removal of the mud flaps, my car doesn't have mudflaps. Some of the paint has been worn away where they rubbed, but some touch up will fix that when I get around to it. Heres a (not so flattering) pic of the rear of my car, you can see the goop under the pinstripes before they are buffed off and the absence of mudflaps.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~scarecrow420/EL/PICT0022.JPG
and again, the rear with the goop
http://members.iinet.net.au/~scarecrow420/EL/rear_wheel2.jpg
The pinstriping can be a real pain to get off. Metho will help, just don't leave it on the paint too long and wash it off with a good burst of the garden hose and soap suds. Of course the easy way (thanks again tibbo) is with an air compressor, a buffer and some cutting compound. The paint comes up really well and you can't tell where the pin stripes were. Another word of advise, if you don't want to paint any of your panels, then go over the whole length on both sides and make sure that there is no clear coat covering the stripes at any point. http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=53593

What wheels are they? They aren’t AUXRs with spacers are they?

#18 ·
the wheels are the AU 2 XR copies.

#19 ·
oh and also, my car has marks from where the mudflaps were, its rubbed the paint right back and is actually a tad rusted :/
only on the door as the rear bumper is plastic, but yeah its not that notiable, but annoying none the less!

#20 ·
EFFalcon said:
oh and also, my car has marks from where the mudflaps were, its rubbed the paint right back and is actually a tad rusted :/
only on the door as the rear bumper is plastic, but yeah its not that notiable, but annoying none the less!

they must be megga huge mudflaps is they rubbed on the door dude...... i thought they were on the guard!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.