Ford Forums banner

My first ever "photoshop"

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Prud 
#1 ·
Hey,

Inspired by some of the loverly work that goes on here, thought I'd photoshop an old MkII Corty photo.

Heres the original, and the Prud version (what the MkII in the backyard will look like eventually I hope)

L8a,
Prud

#4 ·
Hey,

Part 2.

Found a photo of one of my "favourite of all time" cars, my SV21 Camry. This thing was a Tonka Truck. Sold it at 250,000 kays for $5,500. I got it at 60,000, and spent several years "manualising" the auto, holding it to 8000+rpm (went off rev-meter dial) every change. It took 8000+rpm Reverse-Neutral-Drive-Neutral-Reverse-Neutral-etc changes every afternoon after school (trying to smoke tyres). The gearbox wore out its clutches around 190,000kays, but no gear damage. Took the head off when changing the timing belt at 200,000 kays and no scoring, no visible damage.

What managed to damage it in the end was the water crossings. Again, 8000+rpm, held in gear, travelling through water that was as high as the windscreen. Sucking in all that water (this was a regular occurence) eventually started to stretch the conrod bolts. My brother and I can destroy a car in an hour of bush-bashing (when so desired), but this one lasted many a 10 foot jump with only paint blemishes. Went through several brick walls and only needed one headlight (late night driving). Ripped the right front wheel off at 150kph (private road), with only damage done to the suspension and the diff seal. This car inspired at least 6 mates to buy a Camry because it just wouldn't die. If I were to buy another new (post 1978) car, it would be another SV21 - hopefully Super D*ck Protector - SDP760 - 'cause you can't get laid in a Camry.

Anyway, a shot of the tank, taken from my old house as a spare parts Corty is taken away on the back of a truck.

L8a,
Prud

#7 · (Edited)
Hey,

Cheers for the feedback fellas. As you can see I'm a bit of a fan of the stupidly low, stupid large rims look. I decided to play with another MkII Corty, 240 this time. The second modded photo is the first attempt at sectioning and chopping, to go with the channelling. Not completely happy with the chop, but I'm working on it.

EDIT: Just found this site, may be useful for digging up rims.
http://gearheadheaven.racerplanet.com/Wheels/index.htm

L8a,
Prud

#8 ·
Hey,

Ford example, the Colorado Custom "Flat Irons" rim on a sectioned Corty. Love to have these for real, but they'd be more than a little out of my price range. Like more than I'll spend on the car total.

L8a,
Prud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.