03 xt falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 03:32   #1 (permalink)

03 xt falcon

hello all,
I drive an 03 xt, just purchased it 3 weeks back,r there any problems I should be looking 4,drives like a bird an rides excelant.
cheers
geoff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 01:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: 03 xt falcon

hi mate i have an 03 ba automatic and had to replace the radiator (luckly not the transmission) as the the radiator has a tube running thru it which the transmission fluid then runs thru to cool down , being the first of that model the tube running thru the radiator couldnt cope and would get pin holes then leaking transmission fluid into the radiator and water into your transmission , so basically you need an external transmission fluid cooler , i hope this helps .
kieran
KJ_BOSSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:50   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
i have an 03 ba automatic and had to replace the radiator (luckly not the transmission)
You were lucky, a dude from uni needed to replace both the radiator and the transmission and the car has only done like 90,000 from memory. Thankfully i have not exprienced it with my BA. With my ba i brought it at 131,000 in october and now heading up to 140,000 and the only problem that i had is with the radio, losing signal when i turn on the rear demister. i needed to replace the rear window in order to solve that problem. Thankfully my warranty covered it. Also there could be light rattling noise coming from the passenger or drivers side, this is very common with the BA. Other then that you should enjoy driving it
Nick_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:00   #4 (permalink)
Falcon Driver

Ok I'll rattle off the problems that they can have: 1. Rotors warping and causing brake shudder, fix by replacing with DBA4000's and Bendix utimate pads....dont use GCT pads as they cause this problem. 2. Auto pops at about the 150,000k mark, planetary gears were rubbish. If you change the oil at about every 40-50,000k's that should extend it's like. 3. Diff bush can fail and do fail...your looking at about 800 to replace as there's alot of labour. Change it to aftermarket nothalane ones. 4. If your getting drive line shunt it'll be because of the diff. 5. Throttle Body Sensor can fail or just get dirty causing stalling. Best to clean it after an oil change. 6. Door actuator fails. 7. Slow window winding, fixed by spraying silicon spray down the side seals. 8. The car can tend to not start if you move it a very short distance. Best to give it a minute or two so it doesn't happen. If it does put your foot on the accelerator to the floor and start the car. It'll sound like rubbish but it'll start. 9. Six stacker can fail and destroy your CD's. 10. Bonnet release can break, if its quite hard to open then there is a good chance. The new part that has been redesigned is much better. 11. If your seat is creaking then one or more brackets on the base is cracked. The brackes can be welded and that'll fix it. 12. Rust in the boot. 13. Front wheel bearing can fail. These are just off the top of my head, but more of the common ones. A lot of these were rectified after Oct 03 models. Also not every Falcon will experience it so dont be too worried. Have fun with the car its a great car.
VZTRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons