120Y or 180B? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2002, 12:15   #1 (permalink)
sickartist

120Y or 180B?

which is yer fave and why?
anyone got any good pics for a laugh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2002, 12:27   #2 (permalink)
Sp33dY

personally i would chose a 200b over those... or isnt it a contender?
Old 04-06-2002, 13:57   #3 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

200B All the way

I'm with Sp33dy on this one, My very first car was a 200B. Had very big plans for it but it never eventuated cos the ass end was totally gone cos of rust and sourcing another entire rear quarter without rust damage was impossible. She's gone now tho :( She's up in the big carpark in the sky. Here's a few pics anyway

She aint lowered, we were mucking round with the brakes on the other side and it was jacked up about a foot and half

Notice the extractors and silicone covering a crack on the front of the rocker cover.

It wasn't bad for $180, she ran very well and the interior was pretty good for a car that age, only 180 000 on the speedo too. Does anyone know what is so special about the Datsun 200B SX cos thats what I had

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 14:36   #4 (permalink)
Sp33dY

Re: 200B All the way

waaaah.. what a beast.. i am blown away by the custom paint job and rusty extractors!!
Old 04-06-2002, 15:20   #5 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

The paint job actually turned out better than I had expected, those 20 odd years in the sun really did give it a nice finish although the best bit is on the other side where we have custom airbrushing of a cock and balls, damn shame I never got a pic of that. Can you see the colour coding of the wheel nuts? there's even 2 still on the boot drying. We also later painted the extractors with silver Export paint, it stank like shit for ages and eventually came off

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 16:13   #6 (permalink)
AcidBurns

hmmm

I'd rather have my 78 TE Cortina

oh yea, she was a beast...
Old 04-06-2002, 16:17   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Neither the 180B or 120Y was a limo in terms of interior space (heck, not even particularly humane in that respect). But I think the 120Y is a far better car. Its reliability and fuel economy is first rate by any standards, and it combines this with exceptional simplicity and longevity.

Basically, for as long as it does everything that it needs to do so well, the 120Y can't be beaten for someone in the $250-$350 used car price range.

By the way, a look at the 120Y advertisement among other things can be found below:

pub21.ezboard.com/filsaut...=183.topic

The ILSA discussion board is pretty much dedicated to this stuff 24 hours a day...

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons