250 2v - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2004, 02:25   #1 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

250 2v

Gday everyone. Were 250 2V's in XA's quick cars? What did they pull over the quater?
XA Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2004, 13:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: 250 2v

have you got that 2v yet mate..
been a long time since i was talking to you last
Old 04-17-2004, 19:14   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Fairmont
Gday everyone. Were 250 2V's in XA's quick cars? What did they pull over the quater?
Not so quick...Just use more petrol than 250-1V...Especially if you put on a 500 Holley Two Barrel. I fitted one into an XB Sedan with a 4-Speed and 3.23:1 Diff , I could match the performance of or just beet a Stock 253 V8 Holden in say a HQ-J-X-Z , but that's nothing to rave about.Okay motor if your a beginner to performance and want to work up gradually to controlling more power until getting a V8 etc...Only guessing on the quarter mile ...but would say I think they would do between 17 and 19 Second's in stock form.
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 21:20   #4 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

I havent got the 2v head yet, i dont no if i should get one. The XA is already a slug that drinks to much dont want to make it a little quicker but drink twice as much juice. I spose that is gonna happen if i go end up getting a 2v head. All these worries would go away if it could spin both back wheels :)
Old 04-17-2004, 21:55   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Fairmont
I havent got the 2v head yet, i dont no if i should get one. The XA is already a slug that drinks to much dont want to make it a little quicker but drink twice as much juice. I spose that is gonna happen if i go end up getting a 2v head. All these worries would go away if it could spin both back wheels :)
A 302-351 Cleveland conversion can be done at a reasonable price if you stick to a budget. ZF-G-H Fairlanes can be bought cheap out of the Trading Post etc as donor's for a V8 conversion. This is often the best way and usually alot cheaper in the long run in comparisson to buying an Engine or Engine/Transmission first then trying to chase all the other part's later.Also , there's nothing wrong with a 302 if you don't feel ready for a 351 as there is alot of power differance !!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:13   #6 (permalink)
walking power

When i built my 2v i did a little clean up on the ports and ran a 500 holley i also rebuilt the bottom end with over size pistons and a large cam(was that lumpy the borg warner shat itself in a few weeks). After installing a hi-stall converter in a recon c4 i could smoke the 265's with ease and keep up with a few v8's i reckon it would of been good for mid 15 quarters.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:33   #7 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Gezz mate, I dont want to sound like a stick in the mud but will you just find one and try it,you have posted so many time's about the 2V head,you really need to find out for yourself, ofcourse a V8 will be the pick of the two but a freshly built 2V will keep up with if not beat a stock V8,if fuel is a problem than your problem will not be solved by bying either as a 2V will use just as much as a V8,and by the sound's of it you want power to smoke the rear's so you are going to drive it hard, hence the fuel,and really why do you want to smoke the rear's,it's not the be all and end all,I think you need to figure out exactly what you want,if you want the torque, go the V8 if you want to be different and good power, go the 2V,they are around, I've seen two advertised up here lately,but expect to pay for one.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:50   #8 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

Ok galaxy xr8 i would love a 351 or even a 302 clevo but on first year apprentice wages trying to run my car i dont have much money to myself and it takes a long time to save up to buy things for my car. At the moment the XA's engine is stuffed and has lost a shitload of power so i have to spend the money i had saved getting it fixed. I'm just asking questions that maby someone could help me with. Also i like doing burnouts and being a P plater car nut driving a car that cant smoke one wheel its frustrating.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:24   #9 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Is that why your car is stuffed and lost a shitload of power,Dont get me wrong mate, I understand where your coming from and was young once to,but if your vehicle wont do a burnout don't keep at it and drive it into the ground,all you can do and all I can personally recomend is to save the dough and find a well respected mechanic and build a car you respect,the mechanic will be your best friend,and don't worry you will grow up and realise that doing burnout's aren't the best thing's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:38   #10 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

Well just an hour ago XDUB69 played with the timing on my car and fixed it for me. IT NOW FRIES THE TYRES. I got a smile from ear to ear. I can't beleave how hard it is going now, spining the wheels from a standing start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons