2nd BA in 2 weeks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2003, 02:11   #1 (permalink)

2nd BA in 2 weeks

Well Mrs Zeke's BA XT is very nice with its extensive options. I have decided to go for an XR6T for myself. The problems are:

Hers is in venom, which looks great in the XR's and is my favourite colour - can we really get the same colour? Or do I have to go with my second choice - merc silver? Haven't seen any white XR's but have always seen white as boring and can't see why this should be any different in XR's. Don't see any other colours as real exciting.

The leather seats are nice but the matching door trim is taxi drab. Any easy fixes?.....000

Can a good motor trimmer do a central rear armrest in an XR? If so would it be cheapest to buy the basic bits from a fairmont etc and retrim them to match?

Can boot security be achieved? I often carry important stuff in a briefcase in the boot of my current car - major dramas if lost! But the seat release levers can't be disabled. Again, would it be a big ask for a competent motor trimmer to add some locks that could only be released from inside the boot?

OK, these are only relatively minor considerations, but I really value the colllective wisdom on this site in providing worthwhile opinions.

PS. In spite of being a long term V8 fan ( I'm the wrong side of 50) the xr6t blew me away on the first test drive. The power, torque, balance - but most of all, the gorgeous exhaust note - if I order one and it doesn't have the same exhaust note, I'll be furious! - I have heard there is some variation in this factor - any info anyone?
zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2003, 02:38   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Appently Turbos built after March have a louder exhaust.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:36   #3 (permalink)

Since youre a such a big fan of red, have you considered Blood Orange?

We are buying a GT and considering white, from what l have seen of it on XR's and GTs (addimitedly not that much) it looks great. Definetely not boring!

On youre leather question, you could always look at going aftermarket. The mob that does the leather for Ford are based in melb, and can do your car for around the same money but to a higher level of quality. Obviously they could take care of the door trims and do it all to match. l know of one person who has leather done this way.

Good luck with the XR6T, you wont be disappointed!
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons