2v head's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2004, 06:05   #1 (permalink)
Origi-Bulge (tm)

Question 2v head's

I've been talking to dad about getting a 2v head for my car. And to be totally honest i dont think that he quite understands how rare these heads are. So in the name of peace between us, does anyone have any figures on how many cars were produced with these fitted?

From what i understand they were only fitted to XY's and XA's and killed off because they were beating the V8 brigade.

Also what would be a good road to go down to get this engine to perform better, and what should i steer clear of? I've heard i should get the engine blue printed and balanced, and not to touch the exhuast ports as they're already huge.

As an added brain-teaser if i do get the engine that im looking at, im going to convert it to run on PULP, through dual 2 1/4 exhausts and hi-flo cats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dale

Cows would live a lot longer if they weren't made out of steak and leather
Klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2004, 05:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2v head's

Howdy,

I had a standard pre xflow 250 in my xy wagon. i found a 2v head in the trading post, had it reconditioned with hardened valves etc to run on PULP. its running the original 2bbl stromberg that came with the 2v as someone mentioned to me that it is better than putting a 350 holley on. had tuned length motivator extractors fitted and a dual 2in exhaust. the power difference is amazing and thats even before i install a suitable camshaft. will finish it off when i find the $$

not sure on the numbers that came out with 2v heads just know that it was hard to find one and in good condition. I also found a couple of websites around run by americans who rave about the 2v head and often snap them up in aust and get them shipped over.
Ethel-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:58   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klawsterfobik
im going to convert it to run on PULP, through dual 2 1/4 exhausts and hi-flo cats.
If its your xy where talkin about then you wont need cats as its a
pre-pollution law car.
i got a mate who was lookin for a 2v head but everytime they came round they were a bit pricey.
keep your eye out on ebay aswell i see them there more then i see them in the trading post
good luck with it anyway mate
cheers
cam
xdub69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:10   #4 (permalink)
Origi-Bulge (tm)

Thanks for the replys.

I currently know where 2 are, 1 has a 350 on it, the other most likely has the original carby still attached. But it is just about getting the cash together to get these things in my garage.

What mods are needed to get serious horsepower out of these engines (250 log)? I love the sound of the old 8's but i want something a little different so i see the hypo 6 as the answer.

Any responses would be great.

Old 05-08-2004, 02:39   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Mate with a good exhaust, these thing's sound almost identical to an eight, even more so with a cam,if you can find a good one don't let it go, because there arn't alot around these day's, like someone above said the Yank's are shipping them over there at a fast rate to bolt onto there 6's as they never had anything like this at all available to them,and I to have been told to use the original carby over the Holley or even a weber,
If anybody know's of a original Stromberg twin barrell carby that came out on these 2V head's for sale, give me a call as I'm doing up my head to original spec's and want one of these to finish it off, I have a 350 Holley to swap if anyone is interested,cheer's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:21   #6 (permalink)
walking power

You would of loved my 2v motor, i worked it so much i blew the gearbox in a week and eventually needed a high stall. I put oversized pistons, fully balanced the bottom end, ported and polished the head, custom grind cam(hence the need for histall) and a 500 holley with bigger jets and power valve. I went with extractors and a 2 1/4 system and believe me if i had a dollar for everytime someone said is that a v8 under there i could of rebuilt the engine twice.

As for performance id give v8's a run for there money thats for sure.

Oh yeah it used to smoke 265's with ease.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:42   #7 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

You haven't got any pic's of the old motor have you Fordy???.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 17:08   #8 (permalink)
walking power

Heres a few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2v.jpg (110.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 2v2.jpg (140.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-08-2004, 21:35   #9 (permalink)
Origi-Bulge (tm)

That looks great, it'd be better in my engine bay

Im not just looking to give the v8's a run for their money, i want to beat them. Especially all the guys in the their VB and VR commondores with chopped springs, neon lights and stock v8's thinking their awesome.

My father in law builds sprint car engines, so i dont think a ball-tearing 6 is out of the question. Hell he got a guy out to make me up some custom spark plug leads, and it feels stronger already, mind you my old ones fell apart in my hand when i pulled them off.

Guess ill start planning, and try a bit harder to hunt up this original 2v headed 221 XP wagon, hopefully it has the standard carby on it.

Dale

Old 05-08-2004, 21:37   #10 (permalink)
Origi-Bulge (tm)

Fordy: It might just be the light, but does that rocker cover not have "powered by ford" on it? Did the 2v's have a different rocker cover to the standard 1v head?

And whats actually different about the 2v head, did they have a different exhaust and inlet valve configuration?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons