Ford Forums banner

30th Anniversary Edition EA

6K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Mother Nature 
#1 ·
Have just stumbled across what I think is a 30th Anniversary Edition EA in mint condition that was passed off as a Sprint to the current owner........

They are thinking of selling it.....

What can you tell me about them & what are they worth .....

Any idea on what the compliance codes are to be sure ?????

:fairy

#3 ·
yeah they are pretty common I think, they just got a pretty badge and that was it. And maybe some funky hubcaps to boot.

The mint condition bit sounds good though. How on gods name did they mistake it as a sprint?!

#4 ·
there was a 'sprint' body kit available for ea's

#7 ·
The 30th anniversary model is when the Tibbe locks were introduced as well as the EB style T-bar handle. I had a Feb 1990 EAII Ghia 4spd and it still had the old style key and the XF type T-bar handle. I think they also colour coded the boot garnish on some as well.

#10 ·
I havent actually seen the car as yet, I had a mate come over saying he knew of a Sprint real cheap ...... apparently it has Sprint badges and the owners were told that it was a genuine Sprint.

Lets say they rather pissed off when I told them to check the compliance plate & tell me the details. The engine code was all wrong so I asked what was the build date, 10/90. It wasnt a nice feeling telling a friend of a really good friend that it was only a EAII ...........

I had heard of them but have no knowledge of them at all ...... thanks for your help guys

:fairy

#11 ·
What, they didn't realise it was missing two cylinders?

Does it have the quad lights at least? I'll buy it and wreck the rest.

#14 ·
Yes to almost all of the above. AFAIK, every EA from 10/90 on is a 30th anniversary one... the last of the ea's. Mines built 10/90, and the two noticable differences are the tibbe locks and the 30th anniversary badge.
As ford freak pointed out it's an EB series one in an ea body, basically. So there are a couple of nice extras that nobody really notices, like the steering lock is a two-bolt type, not a hinged type, there is an additional air bleed hose on the top of the radiator, the a/c piping is varied slightly, has a different a/c pulley as well.
Pretty minor differences, the only extra value is really that they are at the end of the life of the ea's, so they are younger. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.