351 install.. ongoing progress - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2004, 08:54   #1 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

351 install.. ongoing progress

yeh... puttin a 351 into me ZC.

halfway done so far.. that is, the 302 cleve is out, and the 351 will be goin in tomorrow.. tryed doin it today but me n me mate couldnt get the motor to bolt up to the box.. something annoying about getting the flywheel to line up to the torque converter bolts etc..

buuut.. tomorow.. (that is, sunday) we;re going to drop the box, bolt the two together and put the two in... should be alot easier... then it's gonna be me bolting all the other bits back on..

the 351's built pretty well.. the highlights are- its a late model block(thick wall casting), bored out 30 over.. been balanced, flat tops, close n honed rods(plus that thing where that grind down the weld lines), about 12-13:1 compression(hence it being LPG/octane-boosted-ult98 only, so its also only got normal rings.. not cro-moly coz c-m ones hardly wear on LPG).. dual plane manifold, and the heads have been ported to buggery.. the cam is the '71 Supercobrajet mustang cam.. it works very well in this config. its also still got a carter thermoquad on it(modded.. flows about 780cfm).. only shame is, im gonna be running the stock manifolds till i can afford extractors(and hopefully a twin 2 exhaust).. aswell as a really old style of LPG setup, since thats what the car came with. very very torquey motor.. but the power wont be realised till i can sort a few things out.

yep.. im excited.

jamie.

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2004, 10:48   #2 (permalink)
Another Ford Driver

Re: 351 install.. ongoing progress

Congratulations man, thats gonna be an awesome ride. So what are ya plans for it once you've got the exhaust sorted?
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 22:42   #3 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

gonna do the suspension setup.. the one from revolution race... where its converted to modern mac strut style, then i'll get the RR rack n pinion steering rack on it.. then i'll put an AOD under it, then when the diff goes a 3.5ish 9".. also some 18" shiny wheels..

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:19   #4 (permalink)
Another Ford Driver

Smart idea, make it grip and handle better. well, good luck to ya. :-)
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons