5.0L EL Ghia rare? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2002, 06:44   #1 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

5.0L EL Ghia rare?

Im tentitivly looking arround at EL Ghias, just to get an idea of the market, as i might look into one of these in 6-12months. What im really after is a Full Leather(grey not Caupicino) 5.0L.

The Leather isnt a problem as most of the Ghias arround have opitioned the Full leather, however finding a 5.0l isnt easy. Most have the HPI6 engine. Wasnt the 5.0l taken up readly becase of the morepowerfull 6 as standard.

Im just intrested in the lack of 5.0L's arround on this luxurious car.

(i relise with2nd hand cars, colour is something which cant be a major priority, as quality of the car is more important than colour. Saying that id also like one in either Black, DkBlue or Metalic Red. oh with Grey leather, 5.0l sunroof, chromed Simmons FR19's........../edn dream :) )
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2002, 06:55   #2 (permalink)

Hi, my mate was looking for V8 Ghia as well they are a pain in the arse to find! If you go to Autotrader I got a tip for you if you look at the last page when you search Ghia's or Fairmonts there mostly V8. Thats what I done :)).
Old 12-17-2002, 21:57   #3 (permalink)
5Litres of Ford Power

It took me a while but I finally found a sweeeeet 1998 EL Ghia in midnight blue, 16" Tickford rims !! I found mine at a car auction, I put a bid in before the auction, the owner accepted. I am always looking on EL Ghia's to see if they are 5.0L, usually they aren't. It is an excellent car, I hope you find one!
Old 12-17-2002, 23:42   #4 (permalink)

Where r u man? I just found 3 in under 5 min in Victoria There was 79 4.0 liters compred to 3 5.0 liters. So I guess they are rare. Either that or the current owners arent willing to get rid of em yet :) goto www.carsales.com.au and do a search.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 03:06   #5 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

My mates got a 5 litre EL fairmont ghia, although his is an SVO. Very, very rare, i've never seen another one. From memory, he should still be sellin it, after a bunch of dickheads stole it and took it for a joy ride. Interiors still immaculate but they totally ****ed up the kit. If you want I can ask how much he wants for it?
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
Stand clear: 5.0 in use!

Hee, hee!

I took me about a year to find my EF 5.0 Ghia. The icing on the cake was full grey leather, premium sound, 16 inch Tickford wheels/ suspension/genuine XR full bodykit and the freaky/ gorgeous Bordeaux purple paint! And it was up on the stand at a major dealer here in Adelaide for a week! That car was destined to be mine......

The greatest thing is, in nearly 4 years of ownership, I've never seen one exactly the same. I have seen two I6 Fairmonts but that's it. Even the Holden guys like it.

For now, it ain't going anywhere. Maybe another year or two and then it's Barra XR8 time....

Good luck, the wait will be worth it. They are great cars.

Mike

EF Fairmont Ghia, Bordeaux Purple, 5.0 Windsor, Crane cam, ChipTorque modded ECU, full XR bodykit, 16 inch XR8 alloys, 2.5 inch dropped Tickford suspension, full grey leather trim with chrome, woodgrain and lots of lights, climate control, ABS, Premium sound, trip computer, power everything

I can't get enough of this!
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

you won't get a black one mate. the last e series black was ed. the cardinal red looks fantastic imo especially with gold fr's. good luck finding one.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 20:49   #8 (permalink)
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!

They are around, its just a matter of looking and waiting for the right one.......
When I was looking for mine, i just spent heaps of time scouring the Trading Post/Auctions/Dealers looking. I found more EF 5.0 Ghias than I did EL's though. I was bidding for an EL 5.0 at an auction but I got beaten (that was the closest i came to getting an EL). And i ended up getting an EF 5.0 Ghia, best thing I ever did.
Old 12-17-2003, 18:06   #9 (permalink)

Re: 5.0L EL Ghia rare?

Picked mine up a few months ago, it was the only one in Perth for sale and after I bought it, I keeped an eye out for them to see how much they were selling for (making sure I didn't pay to much) and haven't seen another yet.

It's more a matter of looking in the right place at the right time, but worth it if you get.
4.0 EL Fairmont Ghia's are pretty damn common around here.
Old 12-17-2003, 19:26   #10 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Re: 5.0L EL Ghia rare?

Well thois thread was almost a year old I think Walki has gotten over the EL ghia idea now.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons