Ford Forums banner

5.0L EL Ghia rare?

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  falconXwing. 
#1 ·
Im tentitivly looking arround at EL Ghias, just to get an idea of the market, as i might look into one of these in 6-12months. What im really after is a Full Leather(grey not Caupicino) 5.0L.

The Leather isnt a problem as most of the Ghias arround have opitioned the Full leather, however finding a 5.0l isnt easy. Most have the HPI6 engine. Wasnt the 5.0l taken up readly becase of the morepowerfull 6 as standard.

Im just intrested in the lack of 5.0L's arround on this luxurious car.

(i relise with2nd hand cars, colour is something which cant be a major priority, as quality of the car is more important than colour. Saying that id also like one in either Black, DkBlue or Metalic Red. oh with Grey leather, 5.0l sunroof, chromed Simmons FR19's........../edn dream :) )

#3 ·
It took me a while but I finally found a sweeeeet 1998 EL Ghia in midnight blue, 16" Tickford rims !! I found mine at a car auction, I put a bid in before the auction, the owner accepted. I am always looking on EL Ghia's to see if they are 5.0L, usually they aren't. It is an excellent car, I hope you find one!

#5 ·
My mates got a 5 litre EL fairmont ghia, although his is an SVO. Very, very rare, i've never seen another one. From memory, he should still be sellin it, after a bunch of dickheads stole it and took it for a joy ride. Interiors still immaculate but they totally ****ed up the kit. If you want I can ask how much he wants for it?

#6 ·
Hee, hee!

I took me about a year to find my EF 5.0 Ghia. The icing on the cake was full grey leather, premium sound, 16 inch Tickford wheels/ suspension/genuine XR full bodykit and the freaky/ gorgeous Bordeaux purple paint! And it was up on the stand at a major dealer here in Adelaide for a week! That car was destined to be mine......

The greatest thing is, in nearly 4 years of ownership, I've never seen one exactly the same. I have seen two I6 Fairmonts but that's it. Even the Holden guys like it.

For now, it ain't going anywhere. Maybe another year or two and then it's Barra XR8 time....

Good luck, the wait will be worth it. They are great cars.

Mike

#8 ·
They are around, its just a matter of looking and waiting for the right one.......
When I was looking for mine, i just spent heaps of time scouring the Trading Post/Auctions/Dealers looking. I found more EF 5.0 Ghias than I did EL's though. I was bidding for an EL 5.0 at an auction but I got beaten (that was the closest i came to getting an EL). And i ended up getting an EF 5.0 Ghia, best thing I ever did.

#9 ·
Picked mine up a few months ago, it was the only one in Perth for sale and after I bought it, I keeped an eye out for them to see how much they were selling for (making sure I didn't pay to much) and haven't seen another yet.

It's more a matter of looking in the right place at the right time, but worth it if you get.
4.0 EL Fairmont Ghia's are pretty damn common around here.

#15 ·
i still find the SVO front weird on certain angles :p

#17 ·
at least the resale value of 5.0 ELs would be alright.. since they're kinda sought after.. shame theres actually quite a few 5.0 EB/D ghias around.. (even black ones! with leather! and sunroofs!! argh! there goes my exclusivity!! .... oh wait.. how many of those are MANUAL?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.