5 speed Manual t5 gearbox for sale (1986 XF Falcon)- goldcoast queensland - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2006, 08:26   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up 5 speed Manual t5 gearbox for sale (1986 XF Falcon)- goldcoast queensland

I have an xf 5 speed manual for sale. It is still in the car as it is a parts car.

I bought the car, registered it and after 3 weeks, the motor had a busted front engine oil seal. It was a 4.1 with 5 speed manual. I went out and bought another xf falcon(auto) to transfer the motor out of it, but when I bought the other xf falcon, it had a better body. I decided to pull parts of the xf falcon(with manual in it) to get the falcon(auto) on the road.

I have had both falcons for over 6 months, and now I have just bought another car (a holden VR commodore) and no longer need the falcons.

I have taken out pushrods and dizi out of the manual falcon (for the auto falcon) as I snapped a push rod due to a bad lifter on the auto falcon and the one with the manual in it is just for parts.

The manual falcon parts car is for sale, you can that car with 5 speed manual in it for $400, its got the fly wheel and all the stuff with it. Its missing interier bits and the motor is not running as i have taken dizi and pushrods off for the other falcon. THe manual was good, every gear was fine. Diff is good too. The only problem it had was the motor, and I have taken parts of it such as door trims, mirrors and push rods.

I am sick of driving an old car, so "stepped up to a commodore".

I figure, you can have the whole car (manual xf falcon) for $400 come and get it. If I have to pull the box out my self (I hate working on cars), you can have it the box for $500. The car has sat for 6 months and panels are still on it. I am happy to send photo's, or you are welcome to inspect car/cars. Currently I have a dog sleeping in this xf falcon(manual), and when it is sold the auto falcon will become the new dog cannel. I have been told a t5 manual is worth up to $1500. AS I mentioned, you can have the whole car with manual 5 speed in it for $400. If I have to strip it my self, you can have the box and stuff for $500. Mechanic told me you can put those boxes into an au falcon?? I am not a mechanic though and am not sure if this is correct.

If you want the auto falcon, make me and offer. It needs a new exhaust, brakes and starter motor needs to be taken out of the parts falcon and put in to this one as it is staying engaged on the fly wheel ; it just ran out of rego - 1 week out today. Unfortunaty i just put new tyres all the way round and got tyre shop to put 2 pitman arms on and do wheel alignment. Tyres are 14's and I will probably buy some 14 inch rims for teh commodore and use the tyres on that car even though it is 15's.

I got sick of old cars, so reason for sale is I switched to commodore in hope of less problems of things breaking.

If anyone interested, my email address is johnpaterson@airwebconnect.com.au. I check it daily.

If anyone can confirm that the t5 from a 1986 falcon 4.1 will fit later models, that would be great.

Thankyou for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 05:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: 5 speed Manual t5 gearbox for sale (1986 XF Falcon)- goldcoast queensland

G'day,
being an 86, it SHOULD have the correct box in it.
There are two, one of which is very lightwieght. The quickest way i know of to tell them apart, is to have a look at the main casing. If it is smooth with no webbing, then its the lightweight box, and barely worth scrap value.
If it has the webbing, the second check the diameter and # of splines on the output shaft. Top loader, EA-on 4speed yokes should fit for it to be the heavy box.

A little more info on what the heavy box will fit..... http://www.dellowautomotive.com.au

Cheers
Jas
Old 08-25-2006, 19:51   #3 (permalink)

I had a look under the car. Its got borg warner stamped into it. It looks similar to the photo I havwe attached a picture that I downloaded of a t5 borg warner. I most likely will pull the box out nest week end. When u say webbing, its got parallell lines just like the box in the photo. I will count the splines at the back of the box when I pull it out next week end.
Old 08-25-2006, 19:52   #4 (permalink)

it wont attach the file
Old 09-16-2006, 21:45   #5 (permalink)

I would like to advise that the car has been sold - complete.(manual parts xf)
Old 09-23-2006, 05:18   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: 5 speed Manual t5 gearbox for sale (1986 XF Falcon)- goldcoast queensland

Hi, The guy that bought the manual xf only needs the gearbox, tailshaft and diff. The motor is parts only - stuffed.

His email is jasjas2006@optusnet.com.au and is happy for people to buy bits (to my understanding). He has the full xf and is stripping it.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:31   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
G'day,
being an 86, it SHOULD have the correct box in it.
There are two, one of which is very lightwieght. The quickest way i know of to tell them apart, is to have a look at the main casing. If it is smooth with no webbing, then its the lightweight box, and barely worth scrap value.
If it has the webbing, the second check the diameter and # of splines on the output shaft. Top loader, EA-on 4speed yokes should fit for it to be the heavy box.

A little more info on what the heavy box will fit..... http://www.dellowautomotive.com.au

Cheers
Jas
Hi, I have a 86 XF 4sp S-pak unleaded 4 sale has damaged left quarter and looks like left axle as has a knock when drives. If interested can give more details. Ph is 0414991522
Old 10-02-2006, 05:58   #8 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: 5 speed Manual t5 gearbox for sale (1986 XF Falcon)- goldcoast queensland

Can we please close this thread now. The purpose it was created for has been fulfilled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons