Almost Brought an Envi XR6 Today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2004, 06:32   #1 (permalink)

Almost Brought an Envi XR6 Today

Hi There,

Today I almost brought a 2004 Envi Xr6, with Lux Pack, Sunroof and a few other bits and pieces totally about 1500 of other options. The dealer quoted me 49k RRP, I was not 2 minutes sitting down as his desk when he suddenly dropped with 5 K to 44,000, with a little more haggling he dropped it another 2,000 to 42,000, then I ask him about the sunroof, he said he may be able to THROW IT IN!! , I could not believe it. I decided to wait a couple of more days, and as I was about to leave, he reminded me that 42.000 was not the final price, he could do lower.

My questions to everyone is this a good price, how much should I be realistically paying for it, I am going to play a few dealer off and hope to get it before June 30, the best time of year to haggle,

Thanks for you input
GT-P_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2004, 17:53   #2 (permalink)
Roll, Crash and Smash

Re: Almost Brought an Envi XR6 Today

Jeebuz buy it mate!

AMBROSE CHAMPION AGAIN IN 2004
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Its good to see the dealer selling the car based on it's strenghs and what it has to offer compared to the competition. On the brighter side, this should atleast indicate to you it's resale value in 12 months time.

While he's at it, ask him to 'THROW' in a 'Turbo' and the deal is done!..lol

Beautiful car regardless, I'm sure you will be happy.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:57   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

If he's willing to bargain that much on an XR6, why don't you try him out on a XR8.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:32   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
If he's willing to bargain that much on an XR6, why don't you try him out on a XR8.
Hi There Everyone, I am still on my P's so i cant buy and XR8, however it would be interesting to see how far hell go on that,

Cheers
GT-P_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:27   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I'm not going to tell you what to do or anything but I wouldn't touch the XR6. Only XR6 I would get is the Turbo, but since you're on your P's you can't get them and it doesn't help you. I would rather get a stock XT than a tarted up XT with a bodykit. Sorry If I've offended anyone, but the lack of LSD (standard) and the same engine as an XT means the only mechanical difference is a slightly higher final drive ratio and different springs (not sure about the shocks).

Good luck mate, but as time goes on an you want to sell it for something biger and beter, those options won't mean that much in resale terms. If you HAVE to get an XR6 I'd get the base options, then when it comes times to upgrade to a XR6 Turbo or XR8, get all the options you wanted then Keep the car for a good few years.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 17:07   #7 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
I'm not going to tell you what to do or anything but I wouldn't touch the XR6. Only XR6 I would get is the Turbo, but since you're on your P's you can't get them and it doesn't help you. I would rather get a stock XT than a tarted up XT with a bodykit. Sorry If I've offended anyone, but the lack of LSD (standard) and the same engine as an XT means the only mechanical difference is a slightly higher final drive ratio and different springs (not sure about the shocks).

Good luck mate, but as time goes on an you want to sell it for something biger and beter, those options won't mean that much in resale terms. If you HAVE to get an XR6 I'd get the base options, then when it comes times to upgrade to a XR6 Turbo or XR8, get all the options you wanted then Keep the car for a good few years.
Settle down Eamon...there is nothing wrong with the XR6 N/A except maybe resale. It wouldn't bother me at all if I could get one, they get the XR interior, body kit and sports suspension and that would be plenty for me or any P-plater IMO. Not everyone needs to option up to more power.
Old 06-24-2004, 17:48   #8 (permalink)
Roll, Crash and Smash

I second that Shawn

AMBROSE CHAMPION AGAIN IN 2004
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 19:43   #9 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Thats a pretty good delear dropping quite that amount in such a short time bit more haggling get him to $40k and buy the thing, very good price for that car

Chris
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 22:15   #10 (permalink)

Today I almost brought a 2004 Envi Xr6, with Lux Pack, Sunroof and a few other bits and pieces totally about 1500 of other options. The dealer quoted me 49k RRP, I was not 2 minutes sitting down as his desk when he suddenly dropped with 5 K to 44,000, with a little more haggling he dropped it another 2,000 to 42,000, then I ask him about the sunroof, he said he may be able to THROW IT IN!! , I could not believe it. I decided to wait a couple of more days, and as I was about to leave, he reminded me that 42.000 was not the final price, he could do lower.

My questions to everyone is this a good price, how much should I be realistically paying for it, I am going to play a few dealer off and hope to get it before June 30, the best time of year to haggle,

Thanks for you input[/QUOTE]

what state are you in?

these are advertised prices (with no haggling)

knoxford i noticed have 5 new auto ba xr6turbo sedans for sale.
range from $37k to $41.5k. some include auto/leather/18's..

also, auto 4 ba xr6 sedan ranging from $32.5k - 35.5(18's/auto/leather). this gives you something to think about.

cheers andrew
RST2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons