Ford Forums banner

Annoying Rattle

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  ford.boy 
G
#1 ·
DRIVING MY BRAND NEW BA XR6 AROUND IN THE MORNING I NOTICED A LOUD RATTLE IN THE FRONT LEFT DASH AREA, AS I DROVE ON THE RATTLE SLOWLY FADED AWAY, THE NEXT MORNING THE SAME THING HAPPENED, A LOUD RATTLE IN THE SAME AREA AND AS I DROVE ON THE RATTLE FADED AWAY.
I TOOK IT BACK TO FORD, THEY LOOKED OVER IT AND FOUND NOTHING WRONG, THEY TIGHTEN A FEW THINGS WHILE THEY WERE LOOKING. THE NEXT MORNING, THE SAME THING AGAIN, TOOK IT BACK TO FORD AGAIN, I TOOK THE FOREMAN FOR A DRIVE TO SHOW HIM THE NOISE, HE DIDN'T HEAR A THING, SO I TOLD HIM TO KEEP THE CAR OVER NITE AND DRIVE IT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. HE TOOK IT THE NEXT MORNING AND HE FINALLY HEARD THE RATTLE, HE TOLD ME IT WAS COMING FROM THE FRONT LEFT GUARD. THEY REMOVED THE FRONT LEFT GUARD AND TOOK IT FOR A DRIVE, THEY HEARD NO NOISE SO THEY PUT THE GUARD BACK ON AND HEARD THE NOISE, SO THEY IDENTIFIED IT AS THE FRONT LEFT GUARD JARRING AGAINST SOME OTHER METAL OBJECT. ANYWAY AFTER TWO DAYS OF TRYING TO FIX THE PROBLEM THEY CALLED ME AND TOLD IT WAS DONE. I WENT TO FORD AND TOOK THE CAR HOME, ON THE WAY HOME THE CAR FELT GOOD AND EVERYTHING SEEMED GOOD..........
THE NEXT MORNING THE NOISE RETURNED, I WAS GWETTING PISSED OFF BY NOW!! SO I RANG FORD AND HAVE BOOKED IT IN FOR ANOTHER GO AT FIXING IT. THEY HAVE TOLD ME THEY KNOW WERE THE PROBLEM IS AND CAN FIX IT, MY QUESTION IS WHY DIDN'T THEY FIX IT THE FIRST TIME. THIS CAR IS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD AND HAS BEEN BACK TO FORD 5 TIMES, 3 FOR THE RATTLES,1 FOR THE FUEL GAUGE NOT READING CORRECT AND ONCE FOR A SERVICE. HOPEFULLY SIX TIME LUCKY AND THEY CAN FIX EVERYTHING ONCE AND FOR ALL.

See less See more
#9 ·
Welcome to FORD. Thats what you get when you buy second best. If you want a large car with no rattles buy an e class Merc or a BMW 5 series.

I'm sorry, but I have put up with rattles and squeaks in my car since new, they drive me nuts. The dealer told me that after 10,000Km they won't chase any noises.

#11 ·
Rodderz said:
Obviously if there was something wrong with suspension, motor etc the dealer would have found it.
Ha Ha! Mum's AUII went back to the dealer three times for a noise in the right rear. They couldn't find anything and told her she was dreaming. Took me all of one minute- you guessed it, the top of the rear shock had unscrewed. It's not like that hasn't happened before.

#12 ·
maybe, if you scream a bit louder, you wont hear the noise any more, because it doesnt look like your screaming enough!

(sarcasim detector = 10.5/10)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.