Another Award for the BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2002, 19:55   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Another Award for the BA

This time, from of all places, www.drive.com.au.

Joshua Dowling has had to swallow some Holden pride on this one I bet. The VY still gets an honourable mention no less, suprise suprise.

http://www.drive.com.au/news/article...XJJDJYW9D.html

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2002, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Except that in his 'Honourable Mention' for VY Commodore, he says 'Put it this way: it's no AU Falcon.'

That's right Joshua, because Holden didn't discount VX heavily in anticipation of BA like Ford did to EL because of VT. Otherwise, AU was a fine car - it's 'ugliness' was perhaps deserved for AU1 Forte but the rest weren't as bad but the way the media hyped it you'd think it was a leper.

Then he continues to demonstrate his complete lack of knowledge of the car industry by claiming without AU being a sales disaster BA would have been a similar story to VX->VY. As if things like engineering IRS systems, DOHC I6s and the like take a year or two to develop... These things would have been in AV, AY or whatever anyway. The Windsor was dead, regardless of AU so a change to the new engines was happening too.

A simplistic view from a simplistic so-called 'journalist'.
Old 12-19-2002, 20:25   #3 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

they really love bagging the AU don't they...
Yeh no shit the VY is no AU.. because the AU is better mechanically!
Old 12-19-2002, 20:54   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Gee, they really made it sound like admitting the BA was the winner was harder than being pulled thru a Christmas tree backwards. They seem to have softened the blow by bagging the AU instead.

To be honest, they editorial style on may brands leans towards the negative. Not impressed.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:19   #5 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Letter to Joshua Dowling (does anyone know his email address?)

I read what appeared to be an excellent report of yours today, and I was quite impressed. Let me give my take on it.

Title: Top 10 of 2002

Light: Mazda 2 - "fun to drive", "most powerful in class"

Small: Holden Astra - "Roomy and Comfortable", "Energetic yet Economical", "Great Ride and Handling"

Medium: Toyota Camry - "Fridge-like reliability", "Impeccable Build Quality", "Excellent to Drive"

Large: Ford Falcon - "recalls", "Thirst for Fuel", "No car is perfect"

Prestige: Audi A4 - "Relative Value", "Trend Setting Style", "Benchmark Quality"

People Mover: Holden Zafira - "Clever Seating package", "Size and Price are just right", "Joy to drive"

Compact 4WD: Toyota Rav4 - "The best overall package"

4WD Wagon: Mitsubishi Pajero - "Direct Injection Diesel is a highlight", "Effortless power delivery", "Frugal consumption", "best dynamics"

Luxury: Mercedes benz E-Class - "Safety and Engineering rate 5 stars", "feels light on it's feet", "Style and grace"

Performance: Porsche 911 - "Ultimate Performance Package", "Sensory Delight", "Invincible"

I noticed that the only car you didn't sing praises for was the Falcon. It's good that the Holden guys can stick together. Good on you for sticking it to them. We sure wouldn't want them thinking that you, Joshua Dowling, could ever be seen to be pleased about a good Ford. Bring up your views on the AU a few more times, that'll really get them.

Remember, you can be biased or you can be a good journalist - but you can't be both.

You can thank me for my time later.
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 02:07   #6 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

"There was little to fix on Australia's best seller for 5 years"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
What a wanker !
Old 12-23-2002, 02:27   #7 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

yeah mate there is so little to fix in the commodore that it definately hasnt been nearly single-handedly paying my and 34 other mechanics wages (plus service advisors etc) for the last 5 years in my dealership alone...

the last REPAC (replaced warranty parts that holden want us to send them) at my dealership was worth $20,000, and they are due once a month....i wouldnt say there isnt much to fix on a commonwhore...

oh yeah, and the zafira is one of the most frustrating cars to drive as well, the auto just wont pick a gear, it kicks down every time you take a breath nearly, it shits you to tears. (thats if you havent jinked your back by sitting down on the rock-hard seats to quickly!)

and i also cant believe the mazda 6 didnt win meduim car - even the mazda mechanics at my work love it, and i takes a special car for a mechanic to love it, trust me.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 03:34   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Fridge like reliability? The firdge at work is FukKed. The temperatute setting doenst work and the fridge always stays on its coldest setting. The milk is always frozen.

What a Wanker.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 05:46   #9 (permalink)

i reckin while he wrote that he was on the phone to his Mates at Holden crying for forgiveness, i could imagine the convo now "no no it;s not like that, I wasn't a judge, u know I would of picked..... beep beep beep.... hahahahahah he is an idiot, ide like to meet him, so i could slap him, The AU had two recalls its whole life, not frigin 12 like the vt-vx, man some people make me go INSANE!!!
Ford_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 06:41   #10 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

"Despite making headlines for the wrong reasons recently due to recalls and thirst for fuel, the Falcon still deserves the laurels in the large-car class.

Had the AU Falcon not been such a sales disaster, the BA Falcon would have been a simple nose-and-tail update like the Commodore."

Making headlines eh? That ****wit Dowling created most of the headlines!! I would also love to meet him oneday. Probably drives a Totoya Lexcen anyway...
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons