Another silly engine swapout question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2004, 17:36   #1 (permalink)

Another silly engine swapout question

Having read some of the related links, I think this is possible, but I'd like to ask so I know for sure.

I would like to know if all windsor's through time have shared the same mounting dimensions. Is it possible to put a windsor from say, an el in an xc without resorting to custom fabrication or custom modification of the engine bay.

Does it matter wrt the above whether the target XC had a clevo, windsor or six in it to begin with. ?

Would a new windsor bolt onto a toploader ?

I've been putting my plan together slowly over the last year or so, I'm working towards an XC falcon with a really modern interior. eg 15" lcd screen dash with engine management info (fast and the furious style). I need the new engine for the up to date engine management and diagnostics features, and of course slightly more modern reliability.

(I know there are clevo injection kits, but they all seem a bit messy, and I think the price diff between a 6 cyl xc falcon and the v8 as the project car would refund the cost of the new engine in part)

Tim
tscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 19:04   #2 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Re: Another silly engine swapout question

Welcome to the forums, tscott!

The only info that I can offer is that XCs didn't come with Windsors. E-series people have put Clevos into their cars, so I guess a Windsor could go into a Clevo-powered XC.

As for the toploader question, I have no idea sorry.

-Dave-

'91 EB Fairmont Ghia V8.
Pacemaker PH4000 extractors
Meaty semi-twin system
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons