Another Thing for BA2-on? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2003, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Another Thing for BA2-on?

After pulling my headlights off on the weekend it got me thinking GP and crew didn't give me the HID headlamps I was after. Given VY2 and on are rumoured to have the option (they were fitted to the HSV One Tonner ute at the Melbourne Motor Show) will Ford also give the buyers a choice?

(Note that HID adds weight to the car)

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2003, 17:04   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Pete i think perhaps they can make it an option only instead of making them standard. If they make it standard insurance prices would be higher. Maybe make em standard for GT and GT-P.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 18:54   #3 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

and HID headlights are???
Old 05-11-2003, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by AusXH
High Intensity Discharge Lights, Ryan. My understanding is instead of using light globes the whole light is an actual globe with Xenon gas in them. When you see most top European cars that emit a white light which are bright but don't annoy motorists chances are they have HID lights.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 20:13   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

As opposed to the disco lights and crystal balls in the back of the panovan.....

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 20:16   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Quote:
Originally posted by AusXH
(HID) High Intensity Discharge headlamps provide about two times as much light as conventional halogen bulbs. Also, discharge bulbs are more durable than filament bulbs and require 25 percent less power to operate.

HID headlamps operate by using electrical energy to excite a metal halide. A quartz glass capsule, filled with xenon gas, receives high-voltage pulses from an electronic ballast igniter, creating an arc between the two electrodes which produces light. Once the arc is established, the ballast maintains control of the arc characteristics, ensuring stable light output. A reflector housing and/or projector lens directs the light to the roadway.
Old 05-11-2003, 20:25   #7 (permalink)
Crikey

Thanks RPO, very informative
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 22:18   #8 (permalink)