Any BA xr wagons done? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 05:51   #1 (permalink)

Any BA xr wagons done?

As you can see by the title i was wondering if anyone has done an xr lookalike on a BA wagon yet? I am no way in the means of getting a BA just yet but when i do id love an xr but with my overgrown dog i sort of need wagon. I know to do it properly would cost a fortune with engine interior etc... but id love just to have the look of an xr wags. So if anyone has any pics id love to see em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2005, 02:12   #2 (permalink)
Built For The Road Ahead

Re: Any BA xr wagons done?

Its a surprise that Ford dont build XR Wagons, you would think they would be perfect for the aussie market, you can get the family wagon you need but with the looks and performance of the XR model.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:10   #3 (permalink)
SOHCmyDOHC

only prob is rear bar yeh?
would they fit on a wagon ... but im all for xr wagons those LE ss wagons show there's a niche for em. Give me irs, xr6t wagon anyday over a 4x4!
SOCHMYDOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:32   #4 (permalink)

ford will never make an ba xr wagon,cause if they do they will steal sale off of the territory.I have seen two that have been "mocked" up to look like xr's.One was in the Acid rush colour and the other was white,and they both looked shit hot.Not sure about the rear bars on them tho.I would buy one if ford wouild make it.
EDXRSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 18:01   #5 (permalink)
Miss Fairmont99

There is a guy on the aussie forums who converted the front of his AU to a BA XR. I think it's purple, or at least it looks purple in his photo.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:23   #6 (permalink)

Wouldnt all that would be required just be a Front Bar (+ Fogs) and Wheels?
So it could be done relatively cheaply if you just wanted it to "Look" like an XR
Martyvan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:28   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXRSW
ford will never make an ba xr wagon,cause if they do they will steal sale off of the territory.I have seen two that have been "mocked" up to look like xr's.One was in the Acid rush colour and the other was white,and they both looked shit hot.Not sure about the rear bars on them tho.I would buy one if ford wouild make it.
Yeah good point i never thought about that. Damn territory haha!! Maybe just maybe FPV will put out some kind of "performance" wagon or something, but i think im dreaming! I think i may have to settle for an EL or maybe even a nissan stagea or a liberty if it comes to it

Have to do some googleing to find some pics of those mockups though hopefully ill have some luck
Old 11-13-2005, 06:55   #8 (permalink)

Found one someone has photoshoped it looks bloody awesome in my books
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wagz.jpg (41.1 KB, 219 views)
Old 11-13-2005, 21:54   #9 (permalink)
SOHCmyDOHC

that does look sweet
SOCHMYDOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 23:42   #10 (permalink)

that looks tough as!!!!!!!
EDXRSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons