Any benefit of extractors on BA 6 N/A - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 21:58   #1 (permalink)
MoreHPformyXR6

Any benefit of extractors on BA 6 N/A

Hi there
I was wondering if anyone has performed this mod on the above? Whilst leaving the exhaust stock & maybe replacting the cat or modifying the existing cat if inlet is only 2inch as ive heard the standard exhaust is not bad and is 2.5 inch dont know if what ive heard would be correct but?
If anyone has these mods or opinions love to here from you & possible kw's & economy gains & ball park cost if know.
Cheers
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 23:39   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: Any benefit of extractors on BA 6 N/A

i've got pacemaker extractors, and was quite pleased with the gain in throttle response gained. i couldn't really perceive any huge difference in power though but the car did feel a touch more torquey though.

i had the cat back on for a while before the extractors, the improvement in note was great. but no difference to performance whatsoever. the cat back was $520 from ford, it is a herrod 2.5 inch cat back and i fitted it myself (an easy job).

and the the extractors were also $520 fitted, i had this done at a shop because this required welding and moving the cat to accomodate them. ($80 labour included)

i'd leave the cat there, as there is no real benefit in replacing it and it's expensive. this is because it is quite new and won't be restricting the flow all that much like an older cat. however a high flow cat would be better but the difference you won't notice for the $300 extra or whatever.

i'd do the whole exhaust in one hit. but if you don't want to part with $1000 i'd go the the cat back for the improved note at first and get the extractors later. IMO.

once again, i'm happy to field questions.

Des.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:47   #3 (permalink)
bad1

go for advance headers,ford use one of the best cats on the market, good as any so called high flo. ba's generally have s/steel pipework 2.5 inch find a good exhaust shop to put a redback h series centre muffler. or redback 2.5 cat back better than herrod you will be happy trust me...
bilbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:49   #4 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

i had a redback exhaust on my ea and wasn't all that happy with the note.... but the ba is a different car. so i steered clear of them this time round...
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 00:34   #5 (permalink)

Hey dude, how's it going?
Hey iv got a BA XT, iv done the exhaust. pacemaker headers and 2 1/2 system. Done the intake with an xr8 snorkle and pod filter inside the box.. I am thinking of getting the ford flash tuner and just wondering if ur happy with it and would u recomend getting it. Also the only thing I noticed when i got my pacemakers was a lost some of the low down feel. did u find the same thing when u got urs? Did u get it pack when u got the flash tuner?

Thanks dude.
Mr Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:46   #6 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd post some of my results for ppl in regards to my 2002 BA Fairmont and some of the stuff i've done to in.

First point of call was getting a bigger air intake like the ones used on the AU3 XR8's. No noticeable performance difference but it did seem to breathe a bit better up top.

Next was the HiTech headers which are a 3:2:1 configuration instead of Tri Y and the high flow cat and 2.5inch pipes with burpey muffler. This made the car lose a bit of low down torque and punchyness off the line but once the cam timing kicked in at about 3,000 to 3,500 rpm it took off alot better.

The next step was getting the ECU chipped. This made a massive difference as i gained back the torque i'd lost down low with the extractors and a bucket load more while still retaining the top end power.

And as of tonight with justa few play runs on my G-Tech with my mate in the car i was pulling out 0 - 100 times of 6.25, 6.22 and the best of 6.13.

Not bad considering the mods are only worth about $1,800 AUD.
BAFair02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 20:17   #7 (permalink)

what sort of chip did u use
felix4176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons