Any common problems with BA's that might cause creaking? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2004, 17:15   #1 (permalink)

Any common problems with BA's that might cause creaking?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any common problems with BA's (XT/SR) sedan's that might cause a metalic creaking noise coming somewhere from rear seat/boot/parcel shelf/rear suspension?

I've got a SR with 400k's on the clock and it has already started making a noise :-(. It seems apparent when driving up a driveway where there is a rounded kerb (like my driveway).

I had a TJ magna that had a similar noise and turned out to be the D connectors that the frame that the rear seat uses to lock onto. Turned out that they were too thin and Mitsibishi released thicker ones that stoped the movement and hence the creaking.

I rang the dealer and they are going to have a listen - but thought i'd find out if there is anything common...

Thanks heaps!
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 22:11   #2 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Re: Any common problems with BA's that might cause creaking?

Most likely the IRS has a little bit of play. Ive seen a few do this and it seems to be a common fault, some cars get it worse then others. Get the dealer to check it out at the 3000 kms service, they will mostly likely tighten up the suspension a bit.
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 00:35   #3 (permalink)
BA at last

Don't even start with noises from the rear parcel shelf....have had an annoying tapping sound from there for 20K and the dealer cant find it. Happens on undulating surfaces or as has been mentioned, entering driveways etc. Very intermittenet though and thats the problem. Can happen anywhere from 2-20 times a day. I've lost count of how many times my rear suspension bolts have been tightened. Love to hear from anyone with suggestions.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:02   #4 (permalink)
BOS-54L

i have the same noise problem with my xr8. it doesn't do it all the time only does it as u are taking of in first and as your foot leaves the clutch and u give acceleration ( abit hard) then u hear this clunk coming from the driver side rear seat/boot/suspension.

sometimes it does it in second as u let go of the clutch and going around a corner alittle harder than usual

have had the suspension retightened once but still does it. havent got time to take it to ford but when i take it for the next service might have to ask ?'s

be good 2 hear from u guys for any small bit of info

i,ve been told it could be my shocks are gone but i have had no time lately to get it checked up

and at the same time i can control my clunking noise

cheers guys
Tom (BOS-54L)
Old 09-08-2004, 04:21   #5 (permalink)

I have this noise everyday and it will be looked at soon, i get it on driveways, speedhumps and even when i turn sharply. I swear it comes from the plastic trim on the pillars above the rear doors.

Cheers
Jim
ozzyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 21:02   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyjim
I have this noise everyday and it will be looked at soon, i get it on driveways, speedhumps and even when i turn sharply. I swear it comes from the plastic trim on the pillars above the rear doors.

Cheers
Jim
I just picked it up from the sinclair ford in Penrith and they reckon they fixed it. Well.. It it certainly better but still there after I picked it up.. I then went for a 100km drive and by the end of the drive it was pretty much the same as it was before I took it to them.

Apparently all they did was tighten the suspension..

Back again... And only 400k's on the clock :-(
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons