Any luck with warranty on faulty dunlop sp300a - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 20:38   #1 (permalink)
BA XR6

Any luck with warranty on faulty dunlop sp300a

Hi Everyone! I have a set of sp3000a tyres which now have cracks on the side walls. Has anyone had this happen to there Dunlops and done anything about it in regards to warranty. I have done about 37,000 kms. (new member)
bilo0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2005, 02:40   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: Any luck with warranty on faulty dunlop sp300a

A number of people on the Turbo forum have had the same problem and they should be replaced under warranty.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:08   #3 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

Same thing on mine, told me it was because of low air pressure but I kept it checked fairly regular. Changed them for some firestones and they are great.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2005, 12:33   #4 (permalink)

Wouldnt happen to have a date code stamped into the sidewall? We had a theory at work that they came from the same batch.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 14:15   #5 (permalink)
BA XR6

Thanks for your replies. I will check it out. I have nothing to lose I suppose.
Old 01-13-2005, 15:51   #6 (permalink)
Gota be Happy with a Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilo0110
Hi Everyone! I have a set of sp3000a tyres which now have cracks on the side walls. Has anyone had this happen to there Dunlops and done anything about it in regards to warranty. I have done about 37,000 kms. (new member)

Hi there,
I had the same problem on my BA XR8 Ute and had all four replaced in December completely free of charge. About 11500 kms.
Mine had radial cracks on the inside walls and cracks across the tread.
Inititially they tried to blame me (impact fractures from potholes, deliberate cuts etc.) but when they realised I was serious and not going away they rang Dunlop who replaced them.
Ford CRC in Melbourne told me that there is a service bulletin regarding this issue, but my Dealer denies this.
I have photos of the state of my tyres, if you PM me I can email them.

Good Luck,

Chris
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 16:40   #7 (permalink)
BA XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
Hi there,
I had the same problem on my BA XR8 Ute and had all four replaced in December completely free of charge. About 11500 kms.
Mine had radial cracks on the inside walls and cracks across the tread.
Inititially they tried to blame me (impact fractures from potholes, deliberate cuts etc.) but when they realised I was serious and not going away they rang Dunlop who replaced them.
Ford CRC in Melbourne told me that there is a service bulletin regarding this issue, but my Dealer denies this.
I have photos of the state of my tyres, if you PM me I can email them.

Good Luck,

Chris
Hi Chris, My tyres are split all over as were yours. One Dunlop tyre dealer told me it was to much trouble for them to get Dunlop to check them and they would just do a good price on a new set of Fullers. The next dealer was so helpful. They are now getting fitted today at no cost for the tyres but the dealer is charging me for the fitting, balancing and wheel alignment. Did your dealer charge you for this or did Dunlop or the dealer cover these costs.

Bilo
Old 01-13-2005, 19:38   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Chris, My tyres are split all over as were yours. One Dunlop tyre dealer told me it was to much trouble for them to get Dunlop to check them and they would just do a good price on a new set of Fullers. The next dealer was so helpful. They are now getting fitted today at no cost for the tyres but the dealer is charging me for the fitting, balancing and wheel alignment. Did your dealer charge you for this or did Dunlop or the dealer cover these costs.

Bilo

Gidday Bilo,

I would not be happy about having to pay anything. (If your tyres were like mine).
They eventually admitted to me that the tyres were faulty so (not being a lawyer) I would think it should be totally their problem/responsibility to give you what you originally paid for.
In my particular case my tyres were dangerous for the application.
If they told me to pay anything I would go to the Dept of Fair Trading and get their opinion.
A few years ago I had a Ford Explorer Limited which Ford replaced the 5 Tyres completely free at 60,000kms because they got sued in the US when someone died as a result of a blowout because of faulty tyres which delaminated. It was a worldwide recall for a particular batch of tyres in that case.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 01-13-2005, 19:45   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Bilo

I did all of my talking with my Ford Dealer Service Manager and they took it up with Dunlop.
I saw it as a warranty issue with Ford so why should I have to negotiate with Dunlop as my tyres were still the originals.
Hope this further explains my situation.

C Ya,

Chris
Old 01-13-2005, 20:47   #10 (permalink)
BA XR6

Thanks for the info. I will call my Ford dealer to see what they can do.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons