Any Tricks? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2003, 08:31   #1 (permalink)
Driver of a BA XR8!

Any Tricks?

Well after having my XR8 for about 4 or 5 weeks now, I can honestly saw I've played with evrything in the cabin I can think of. I've even inserted some globes in the foot well lights in the front (only available with premium sound, so I'm told).

Well after reading some of the other posts, I noticed one from Fordtech or Techguy, anyway can't remember, but they said that if you hold down the volume button on the premium sound, the screen blanks out.

This got me thinking, what other little nift "party" tricks are there that can be done on the BA's? Maybe something like the diagnostics mode on the EF/EL models? It would be great if some tech guys could give us some inside info Has anyone else found any?

Cya's

Alex

"Give me any task to do, and I will find something else to do in it's place." Plato - a definition of procrastination
maco65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2003, 14:27   #2 (permalink)
gone

if you turn the volume buttom clock wise the sound increases!!!!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 15:17   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

On the Pursuit, place throttle pedal all the way to floor making sure engine passes 3650 rpm torque point and at the same time you will get smoke screen out the rear. James Bond eat your heart out!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 16:34   #4 (permalink)

You can adjust your sitting position by accelerating smoothly to the speed limmit, the dropping back 2 gears and flooring it. Your wallet will often get much thinner.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 23:31   #5 (permalink)
Driver of a BA XR8!

I also found that a nice quick shift into second at almost full throttle will get the attention of almost anyone around me and get that magic Traction Control light to work!

"Give me any task to do, and I will find something else to do in it's place." Plato - a definition of procrastination
Old 05-02-2003, 00:23   #6 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

A slight push in the centre of the steering wheel will cause the vehicle to emit a horn-like noise
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:03   #7 (permalink)
Movin!

Frequent usage of heavy throttle applications in a BA XR8can/may result in serious forearm or upper thigh injuries, which usually is caused by the rapid constant punches thrown by the girlfriend/partner in the passenger seat
Old 05-02-2003, 01:19   #8 (permalink)
Driver of a BA XR8!

I see you need to train your girlfriend in the art of grabbing the Jusus handles and shuting up. I've never had anyone hit me for driving "spirtedly".

Alex

Old 05-02-2003, 02:37   #9 (permalink)

If you own an Auto try puting it in Neutral and holding your foot flat to the floor.It shouldnt rev past 3000rpm.If it does I apologise for any damage it may have caused.(I must emphasize however that this feature doesnt work with the trans selector in park or at all on manual vehicles.)I've also been told that it wont go into drive while it is doing this.(never tried that one though)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons