Anyone else having a good run? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2004, 05:36   #1 (permalink)
Insignifcant Other

Anyone else having a good run?

I've had my xt for just under six months, bought used (make 2003). So far i've yet to experience anything major, only a little bit of oil leaking from the sump gasket. This forum has shown me the dissapointment in alot of the ford owners.

has anyone else had a good run with theirs?
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2004, 06:18   #2 (permalink)
EA Dumped on its arse

Re: Anyone else having a good run?

Dads had his XT for about a year now and the only problems weve had were that the Throttle body was gunked up with crap from the PCV which was causing hard starting,

also we noticed it was losing about half a litre of coolant every 2 weeks and we found it was caused by the steel pipe which fits into the back of the water pump leaking where the o-ring goes into the back of the pump, Ford have a little bracket that bolts into the back of the pump and holds this pipe into the pump body more firmly that we still have to get installed under warranty

1988 EA Falcon CFI Slug
gtfalcon351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:58   #3 (permalink)

yeh mine has gone well, XR8,38000 km. only minor things, a rattle that annoyed me and seatbelts that gunked up and would not retract.
i know a few others with BA's and none of them have anything serious to report either.
CBYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:06   #4 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

I've had my xt for just under six months, bought used (make 2003). So far i've yet to experience anything major, only a little bit of oil leaking from the sump gasket. This forum has shown me the dissapointment in alot of the ford owners.

has anyone else had a good run with theirs ?

Its actually quite refreshing to see someone post something positive about their car (thats not performance related) rather than the usual problems. Yeah I know if build quality was better we'd all be happy....

While I don't own a BA I can honestly say I've had an awesome run with the AU. All the problems I have had have been self inflicted - destroying clutch, bald tyres etc.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:12   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBYOOT
yeh mine has gone well, XR8,38000 km. only minor things, a rattle that annoyed me and seatbelts that gunked up and would not retract.
i know a few others with BA's and none of them have anything serious to report either.
What was the cause of the rattle that you had?

16,000ks on my XR8 ute and besides a front suspension rattle when it hits a sharp edge bump everything has been good.

I've had the rattle in twice and the first time was told it was the sump guard missing 2 bolts which they replaced. That made no difference. Then i was told the steering rack was a bit loose and they tightened it but that's made no difference either.

Only fault i've had and it doesn't seem to affect anything except make a noise so i'm happy with the ute.
crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:27   #6 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

XT here, had it just over 2 years. Had some small issues to begin with (coolant leak and software error) but they are minor. All good so far.
Old 12-18-2004, 15:26   #7 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

12 months, 48,000km
what to report?
A few small rattles (i found and fixed most of them myself), had 1 stereo speaker replaced, biggest prob was a tranny prob, where sometimes you coulnt get it in D or P, dealer fixed it in 10 mins, said it was a loose bit of trim or cable, baulking the lever itself.

God I hope im not giving it the kiss of death, but so far it has never let me down. Its a f..king fantastic car.

----------
"Lightening Strike" XTsports, Barra 182 auto, 17" 7-spoke alloys, "SR" body kit & spoiler, max legal tinted glass, cruise control, power windows all round, towpack, premium sound, 4 mudspats, scuff plate inserts, boot liner, phone presenter, mp3 audio input, slimline NSW white numberplates

Pix here BA XT plus 17" alloys, sports suspension & body kit
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 16:06   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I've racked up 17000 in 12 months and have only had a melted cable from the heat off the turbo. Ford fixed it in a couple of hours and it was good as new.

Apart from that, I've got an annoying squeak where the plastic notice on the passenger window visor rubs on the roof lining. That's easy fixed though, I just put a cloth between it an the roof lining.

It's a great car and I love it.
Old 12-18-2004, 21:58   #9 (permalink)

BA XR6 NA bought second hand in August at 25,000km. Now done 32,000km.

Not a worry in the world!! Occasionally a rattle when the car is stopped at a red light or whatever I get a tinny rattle from the engine bay. When I get off the brakes it disappears and returns when I get back on the brakes. No rattle when the car is moving. No biggie, does not annoy me in fact I haven't heard it for a while now.

30,000km service at Etheridge Ford was no probs at all, scored 2 brand new tyres under warranty due to sidewall cracks. Apparently there was a bad batch out of Dunlop.

The car is great!! So far so good with the dealer as well.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 00:42   #10 (permalink)

roll Re: Anyone else having a good run?

Ive had the o-ring on the back of the water pump replaced twice now on my au2 ute(2000).You think ford would of sorted it out by now.
CLARKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons