Ford Forums banner

APS chip for Turbo XR6, the mod co's are finally producing KW's!!!

6K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Noddy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I agree - the graph says 30kw.

219.2 - 189 = 30.2 (usually). :s6: :s6: :s6:

That's comparing max pwr vs max pwr. However, where they've placed the green arrow (at the rev limit/speed limit?), there is a 40kw improvement. Marketing , eh?!!

#4 ·
marketing? nah, i think the dyno operator put the 'power difference text' in the wrong postion :>

But at 170km/h the power starts to drop upto 190km/h.. however, on theirs, the power doesnt taper off.. so technically it is a 40kw gain..

However, there is only a peak gain of 30kw's :)

Its all about manipulating the english language :)

#5 ·
I have spoken to a couple of people about this and it increases the power by making 6psi consistantly throughout the rev range. A standard XR6Turbo's boost is designed to drop pressure as the revs rise but APS keeps the 6psi right throughout the rev range.

#7 ·
Anyone noticed that this chip has addressed the initial 'lag' in the lower rpm? That's worth it alone. A conservative estimate of 275kW (219rwkW) XR6T, which besides the Unichip is otherwise stock standard is very, very promising.
Simply add a 'cats back' exhaust upgrade and your close to 290kW at the fly.:bowd:

That's one hell of a performance for a $44k car with a $3500 upgrade. (est. $2k exhaust/$1500 Unichip)

#8 ·
While the XR6T is a great buy now, i think buyers will see better benefits with the series 2 model.

Not sure if it will run a higher boost, but with less weight, the addition of a 6 speed auto tranny which cuts off a heap of time, and the number of performance outlets competing to get their upgrades to engine management systems out there, buyers will be able to benefit greatly. A few companies have already tested and about to/or have released these upgrades, the amount of competition will be great, probably at cheaper prices over the next few years.

Bloody oath it would be a good buy....

#9 ·
Agree Rodderz,

Not sure if I can wait for another year for BA2..lol. However I'm very interested where the performance Barra's are going in future. The T6 has been thrown in to the mix this time round as a marketing test case and boy has and will it be successful. By the delays in supply so far, more successful and Ford anticipated I think. Series 2 will have stronger engine internals and the XR8 trans(manual/auto) IMO.

As for the V8's they are just stunning, however have been delivered to the market place in a reasonably mild form (including the GT etc.IMO). You can just see the future glaring at you. BA2 will have BOSS 290's for the XR8 and the GT will get an n/a version of the rumoured 370kW GTHO plant. Add into the mix some weight reduction and improved trans shift and diff ratio's......

Question is, can you wait? There will always be something better coming IMO.

#10 ·
This was taken from www.fordxr6turbo.com

Posted by APS

We have not had time to conduct 0-100 kph or 0-400 m times to date, though we will make a test vehicle available to Motor magazine and Wheels in the near future for accurate testing. I can say from driving the XR6T auto, that the car feels very strong in the mid RPM range and pulls strongly all the way to redline. Best guess would be a mid 13 second quarter mile; possibly better, in ideal conditions.

I have spoken to a number of people at Fo Mo Co and the official policy is that any modification may void engine warranty. In particular, modified exhaust systems and increased turbocharger pressure may void engine warranty. – We will have to wait and see on this issue.

We expect to release the Unichip computer in early May. We still have some exhaustive testing to complete to ensure impeccable driveability and to find the highest possible torque figure that we believe the standard drivetrain will cope with.

At this stage price is not finalised, though I expect cost for installation and tuning of the Unichip computer to be approx. $1595 (inc. gst) including before and after power graphs.

We will post power figures for the manual version within the next few weeks. – I think you guys will be blown away with the incredible gain in torque and power.

#11 ·
Wow, that's amazing. I can't wait to see some boosted straight 6 turbo ford!

#13 ·
Dagabond said:
Something to consider before you brag about it:
:eek:wned: <-link.
That has got to one of the funniest posts i've read for a while on that WRX forum link..... for someone to dial up 18lb boost on the stock turbo, blow it up then get it back to stock and scam the dealership for warranty is just wrong. Makes the honest people out there worse for wear when they genuinly need warranty done. I bet the WRX fella would be spewin when he got dobbed in...:HAHA: :HAHA: :HAHA:

#16 ·
Dagabond said:
Something to consider before you brag about it:
:eek:wned: <-link.
OMFG!!!!!1111 I was running my stock micra @ 46pounds of boost, and the engine blew on me??!!11? WTF?//?//?/???

:box: :iwsun:

#17 ·
That 46 pounds of boost was while towing a Landcruiser, in 3rd, while drag racing a Jenomi overlocker with twin spooling reverse induction overhead cam neon wheel light trims. Not to mention the 32,000 watts being pumped into the 92inch sub woofers providing sonic boost.

Warranty mate! All warranty! :)

#18 ·
XWGT said:
while drag racing a Jenomi overlocker with twin spooling reverse induction overhead cam neon wheel light trims
Janomi??? Phhht!!!! I laugh! You can't be a serious streeter until you sit yourself in a Pfaff Performance Overlocker™, and if you ever find yourself up against a modified one, best be praying that you've optioned up the extra cotton spools!! :spitlol: :nk:

#19 ·
ROFL, The MAX power my AU I6 puts out is where the BA Xr6T STARTS!!!!!!

Rofl, i would be wasting money if i spent more on 'trying' to get more mumbo from mine, I think i'm just going to rty and save for a few years now......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.