APS and the UNI chip - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 05:10   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Xtreme F6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sideways In the F6
Age: 41
Posts: 2,370
APS and the UNI chip

Well i met Pete from APS today in Perth as hes over here atm, I hooked them up to use my friends Dyno and D&T in wangarra and watched as they went to work on one of there kits on a XR6 T. Was very impressed with the quality of work.

Then we chucked my GTP on the rollers and quickly plugged in a Uni to it for a quick looksy... Instant 10 rwkw gain.... There you go.. Not to mention the extra throttle response.. Drove them back to the Burswood with it attached to see how it drove.. Was very nice.. Then we removed it in 10 minutes and i was on my home.

Thanks Pete for the day was interesting and very good to meet you irl.

Was impressed with the uni chips capabilities....
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2004, 05:13   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
GTP 320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Posts: 2,627
Re: APS and the UNI chip

So are you going to get one, you seemed pretty happy about the result ? lol
Cheers John
__________________

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:15   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Xtreme F6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sideways In the F6
Age: 41
Posts: 2,370
Re: APS and the UNI chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
So are you going to get one, you seemed pretty happy about the result ? lol
Cheers John
Hi John.... dont quite know what your meaning but if they had one here that i could have kept and not just a test one yes it would have stayed on the car....
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:28   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bendigo,Victoria.
Age: 37
Posts: 6,039
Re: APS and the UNI chip

You didn't drive away quick enough, to be able to keep the chip on, LOL.you should have said you were just going for a quick drive around the block and then don't return, ha,
__________________
AU II XR8
Herrod mod's,mmmn.
XW Wagon 221-2V,
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:32   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Xtreme F6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sideways In the F6
Age: 41
Posts: 2,370
Re: APS and the UNI chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
You didn't drive away quick enough, to be able to keep the chip on, LOL.you should have said you were just going for a quick drive around the block and then don't return, ha,
ROFL, ROFL
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 16:30   #6 (permalink)
gone
 
laminge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 10,402
Re: APS and the UNI chip

There is going to be some serious penalties applied shortly if people dont start taking pictures.

Sounds like you had a great day anyhows
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 17:23   #7 (permalink)
BSR
 
XLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 2,279
Re: APS and the UNI chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
There is going to be some serious penalties applied shortly if people dont start taking pictures.

Sounds like you had a great day anyhows

Going to dust off the BSR Fist of Fury (tm) Gaz??
__________________
BSR DJ

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 18:09   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Xtreme F6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sideways In the F6
Age: 41
Posts: 2,370
Re: APS and the UNI chip

Actually i wish i had of taken some pics even a vid of that xr6t... i was very impressed with how quick it was set up and how much mombo it made with the mods it had..

Next dyno day we have ill be sure to get some. That T will be going to the track soon as it has some kays on it.. Ill make sure i get a few shots
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:56   #9 (permalink)
aps
Registered User
 
aps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 810
Re: APS and the UNI chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Well i met Pete from APS today in Perth as hes over here atm, I hooked them up to use my friends Dyno and D&T in wangarra and watched as they went to work on one of there kits on a XR6 T. Was very impressed with the quality of work.

Then we chucked my GTP on the rollers and quickly plugged in a Uni to it for a quick looksy... Instant 10 rwkw gain.... There you go.. Not to mention the extra throttle response.. Drove them back to the Burswood with it attached to see how it drove.. Was very nice.. Then we removed it in 10 minutes and i was on my home.

Thanks Pete for the day was interesting and very good to meet you irl.

Was impressed with the uni chips capabilities....
Mate great to meet you and thanks for all of your time and assistance during my trip to Perth, it was certainly an interesting day on the dyno, again thanks for organising the dyno facility at such short notice.

I hope you enjoyed your brief insight into the Unichip tuning software and the quick test of the additional performance in your GTP.

Also great to chat with you on many of the other issues regarding GT performance parts, many of your comments made very good sense to me, it's very possible we will persue these parts in the future.

Will catch with you for sure up on my next trip to Perth (in about 2 months) maybe we can do the Unichip install on the GTP then.

Regards

Peter

APS
aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 16:11   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Xtreme F6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sideways In the F6
Age: 41
Posts: 2,370
Re: APS and the UNI chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps
Mate great to meet you and thanks for all of your time and assistance during my trip to Perth, it was certainly an interesting day on the dyno, again thanks for organising the dyno facility at such short notice.

I hope you enjoyed your brief insight into the Unichip tuning software and the quick test of the additional performance in your GTP.

Also great to chat with you on many of the other issues regarding GT performance parts, many of your comments made very good sense to me, it's very possible we will persue these parts in the future.

Will catch with you for sure up on my next trip to Perth (in about 2 months) maybe we can do the Unichip install on the GTP then.

Regards

Peter

APS
Sounds good to me Pete, was great to meat you guys. Look forward to your return
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:27.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.