APS and the UNI chip - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 05:10   #1 (permalink)

APS and the UNI chip

Well i met Pete from APS today in Perth as hes over here atm, I hooked them up to use my friends Dyno and D&T in wangarra and watched as they went to work on one of there kits on a XR6 T. Was very impressed with the quality of work.

Then we chucked my GTP on the rollers and quickly plugged in a Uni to it for a quick looksy... Instant 10 rwkw gain.... There you go.. Not to mention the extra throttle response.. Drove them back to the Burswood with it attached to see how it drove.. Was very nice.. Then we removed it in 10 minutes and i was on my home.

Thanks Pete for the day was interesting and very good to meet you irl.

Was impressed with the uni chips capabilities....
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2004, 05:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: APS and the UNI chip

So are you going to get one, you seemed pretty happy about the result ? lol
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:15   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
So are you going to get one, you seemed pretty happy about the result ? lol
Cheers John
Hi John.... dont quite know what your meaning but if they had one here that i could have kept and not just a test one yes it would have stayed on the car....
Old 05-17-2004, 05:28   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

You didn't drive away quick enough, to be able to keep the chip on, LOL.you should have said you were just going for a quick drive around the block and then don't return, ha,
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:32   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
You didn't drive away quick enough, to be able to keep the chip on, LOL.you should have said you were just going for a quick drive around the block and then don't return, ha,
ROFL, ROFL
Old 05-17-2004, 16:30   #6 (permalink)
gone

There is going to be some serious penalties applied shortly if people dont start taking pictures.

Sounds like you had a great day anyhows
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 17:23   #7 (permalink)
BSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
There is going to be some serious penalties applied shortly if people dont start taking pictures.

Sounds like you had a great day anyhows

Going to dust off the BSR Fist of Fury (tm) Gaz??

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 18:09   #8 (permalink)

Actually i wish i had of taken some pics even a vid of that xr6t... i was very impressed with how quick it was set up and how much mombo it made with the mods it had..

Next dyno day we have ill be sure to get some. That T will be going to the track soon as it has some kays on it.. Ill make sure i get a few shots
Old 05-18-2004, 07:56   #9 (permalink)
aps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Well i met Pete from APS today in Perth as hes over here atm, I hooked them up to use my friends Dyno and D&T in wangarra and watched as they went to work on one of there kits on a XR6 T. Was very impressed with the quality of work.

Then we chucked my GTP on the rollers and quickly plugged in a Uni to it for a quick looksy... Instant 10 rwkw gain.... There you go.. Not to mention the extra throttle response.. Drove them back to the Burswood with it attached to see how it drove.. Was very nice.. Then we removed it in 10 minutes and i was on my home.

Thanks Pete for the day was interesting and very good to meet you irl.

Was impressed with the uni chips capabilities....
Mate great to meet you and thanks for all of your time and assistance during my trip to Perth, it was certainly an interesting day on the dyno, again thanks for organising the dyno facility at such short notice.

I hope you enjoyed your brief insight into the Unichip tuning software and the quick test of the additional performance in your GTP.

Also great to chat with you on many of the other issues regarding GT performance parts, many of your comments made very good sense to me, it's very possible we will persue these parts in the future.

Will catch with you for sure up on my next trip to Perth (in about 2 months) maybe we can do the Unichip install on the GTP then.

Regards

Peter

APS
aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 16:11   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps
Mate great to meet you and thanks for all of your time and assistance during my trip to Perth, it was certainly an interesting day on the dyno, again thanks for organising the dyno facility at such short notice.

I hope you enjoyed your brief insight into the Unichip tuning software and the quick test of the additional performance in your GTP.

Also great to chat with you on many of the other issues regarding GT performance parts, many of your comments made very good sense to me, it's very possible we will persue these parts in the future.

Will catch with you for sure up on my next trip to Perth (in about 2 months) maybe we can do the Unichip install on the GTP then.

Regards

Peter

APS
Sounds good to me Pete, was great to meat you guys. Look forward to your return
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons