AU Edit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2005, 06:42   #1 (permalink)

AU Edit

I have heard a number off conflicting rumors or truths that I am hoping that you guy can confirm as being true or false.

1. AU edit will be released mid November. (I called your shop and ask about it last week)

2.AU edit will more likely be released early next year. (Read it in Simon's post)

3. AU edit is read for tuning and is available now. (BPT and XR turbo forums and ford forums). I have not been able to get in contact with anyone at BPT.

So as you can see there's a bit of confusion, so can you please clarify what is exactly happening in regard to the release of the AU edit PLEASE...

Matt
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2005, 15:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: AU Edit

Yeh well, thanks for the reply fellas. I guess you really don't give a stuff about your customers.
Old 11-06-2005, 15:05   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Yeh well, thanks for the reply fellas. I guess you really don't give a stuff about your customers.
Sorry, it has been a very busy time here, with SEMA in the USA on etc..
The AU Edit is all up and going, with good success.. Speak to your local CAPA Flash Tuner Dealer as they can tune these vehicles in house...

Dealers List.

All dealers will be emailed reminding them that the AU system is available NOW..

Let me know if you have any questions..
CAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 23:01   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply guys. Much appreciated
Old 11-18-2005, 22:23   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPA
Sorry, it has been a very busy time here, with SEMA in the USA on etc..
The AU Edit is all up and going, with good success.. Speak to your local CAPA Flash Tuner Dealer as they can tune these vehicles in house...

Dealers List.

All dealers will be emailed reminding them that the AU system is available NOW..

Let me know if you have any questions..
Thanks cappa the au is screaming
kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 23:00   #6 (permalink)

If any one is out there with it done, let us know how you went.. And where you had it done.. As I have heard of some great results from the FLASH tuner on the AU's..
Old 11-21-2005, 17:17   #7 (permalink)

will the au edit work with a series 2 el xr8 with the 185kw motor? it has the EEC V engine manigment which i think is the same as the series 1 au! correct me if im wrong
ffalcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:46   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPA
If any one is out there with it done, let us know how you went.. And where you had it done.. As I have heard of some great results from the FLASH tuner on the AU's..
The car is done and it goes ok...it is still early days methinks.Would be nice if it had buyer software to tune though.. I believe that I can get more out of her if it came with tuning program.
kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 17:31   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffalcn
will the au edit work with a series 2 el xr8 with the 185kw motor? it has the EEC V engine manigment which i think is the same as the series 1 au! correct me if im wrong
This is from the other forums.

Isn't it just an EEC-V edit? Which all I6s since EF and all v8s since EB have standard anyway? So although it's called AU edit, I think you'll find it should apply to other EEC-V models as well.

I've read on the intramanet that the E-Series EEC-V are actually a bit of a hybrid, being an EEC-V processor in an EEC-IV case

i.e. evidence of this is that the ECU loom is still the EEC-IV 80-odd pins as opposed to the EEC-V 100-odd pins....

i'm no guru- but i don't think the e-series have the obd-II port or have any flashable memory......

The EECV is a funny thing indeed. For the EF it went to the full 100 pins as the 6 cyl had coil pack ignition and the extra pins are used by the ecu for the firing of each injector although i think the ef was still group fire so 3 then 3 would fire. The EL went back to a distributer and so the put it back in the old 80 pin case (gotta get rid of those old stock items somehow hehe) then the au came out, again with 100 pins and this time however intech sequential injector firing.

I gathered this from looking at the pin outs from the ed eecIv el eecV and au eecV. Please correct me if im wrong though as for flashable memory and ports i havent a clue. my au has an obdII port or whatever i think. cant get the codes out manually bugger.

Hope some of this helps. It is a few peoples posts that I have copied & pasted.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 13:51   #10 (permalink)

Basically there will be a system available for the EA-EL Multi-point EFI 6cylinder / V8's very soon, it wont be a "Flash Programmer" like the AU/BA's.. As they are not a flashable based ECU in the vehicle..

It will be a module system which is programmed with the same software,
which then plugs into the port in the bottom of the Ford ECU...
Stay tuned!!!! Will be available soon!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons