AU Fairmont Ghia Dash - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2004, 23:32   #1 (permalink)

AU Fairmont Ghia Dash

A few Questions

Does anyone know what globes these use? I'm looking to convert my dash to blue, aswell as the Climate Control / Trip Computer

And

How do you remove the thing? I pulled out all the screws and no luck :(

Also, are they electric, or is there a speedo cable?
Ben Nurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2004, 04:20   #2 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Re: AU Fairmont Ghia Dash

Changing the globes to blue on the instrument cluster will make everything that lights up white to blue, but the red bits will be almost unreadable. The LCD in the cluster, and the dash (c/control,trip computer,etc..) will also suffer the same fate as the red sections on the cluster, not worth it and will look horrible.

To remove ins.cluster undo the two bolts on the top and pull forward. If you want to make it a bit easier, use a long screwdriver and from under the dash push the cluster forward and out of the two mounting points at the bottom left and right corners.

Yes, electric.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:41   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
Changing the globes to blue on the instrument cluster will make everything that lights up white to blue, but the red bits will be almost unreadable. The LCD in the cluster, and the dash (c/control,trip computer,etc..) will also suffer the same fate as the red sections on the cluster, not worth it and will look horrible.

To remove ins.cluster undo the two bolts on the top and pull forward. If you want to make it a bit easier, use a long screwdriver and from under the dash push the cluster forward and out of the two mounting points at the bottom left and right corners.

Yes, electric.
I'll have a look at it then, any idea what globes it takes??
Edit: also, i dont have any red writing, just the redlines etc. wouldn't they just turn purple? :p
Old 05-30-2004, 08:20   #4 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Not sure on the technical term for them but they're about 10mm long 2w/12v and there's 6 of them. Havn't done it myself, but I have seen a dash with blue sleeves put over the globes and I don't think it looks good at all.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:18   #5 (permalink)

Hmm, I wonder how hard a BA dash would cost to get put in.... :p
Old 06-21-2004, 18:02   #6 (permalink)

hey ben i have a S1 fairmont too and i tried using sleaves and LED's but they are both not worth the effort cause the blue sleaves make the cluster look more of a green, and the quality looks crap. and with the Led's it's like having bright spots all over the place with no Red's vissable. right now im developing a full conversion kit for the cluster, climate control and all the buttons to blue. will let you know once its all done.
ianmcd06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons

Related Reading: AU Fairmont Ghia Dash