Ford Forums banner

AU Fairmont Ghia Dash

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ianmcd06 
#1 ·
A few Questions

Does anyone know what globes these use? I'm looking to convert my dash to blue, aswell as the Climate Control / Trip Computer

And

How do you remove the thing? I pulled out all the screws and no luck :(

Also, are they electric, or is there a speedo cable?

#2 ·
Changing the globes to blue on the instrument cluster will make everything that lights up white to blue, but the red bits will be almost unreadable. The LCD in the cluster, and the dash (c/control,trip computer,etc..) will also suffer the same fate as the red sections on the cluster, not worth it and will look horrible.

To remove ins.cluster undo the two bolts on the top and pull forward. If you want to make it a bit easier, use a long screwdriver and from under the dash push the cluster forward and out of the two mounting points at the bottom left and right corners.

Yes, electric.

#3 ·
AUGZMK said:
Changing the globes to blue on the instrument cluster will make everything that lights up white to blue, but the red bits will be almost unreadable. The LCD in the cluster, and the dash (c/control,trip computer,etc..) will also suffer the same fate as the red sections on the cluster, not worth it and will look horrible.

To remove ins.cluster undo the two bolts on the top and pull forward. If you want to make it a bit easier, use a long screwdriver and from under the dash push the cluster forward and out of the two mounting points at the bottom left and right corners.

Yes, electric.
I'll have a look at it then, any idea what globes it takes??
Edit: also, i dont have any red writing, just the redlines etc. wouldn't they just turn purple? :p

#6 ·
hey ben i have a S1 fairmont too and i tried using sleaves and LED's but they are both not worth the effort cause the blue sleaves make the cluster look more of a green, and the quality looks crap. and with the Led's it's like having bright spots all over the place with no Red's vissable. right now im developing a full conversion kit for the cluster, climate control and all the buttons to blue. will let you know once its all done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.