Ford Forums banner

AU falcon

3K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  XR_Strider_GuY 
#1 ·
#4 ·
the pic is out of need for speed hot pursuit 2 if ne couldnt tell, just got a copy of it from kmart when i got my dad a new braun shaver for fathers day :s6:

#5 ·
Har har!!! My dad got himself one of those shavers too, & can't figure the product combo!

Haven't played NFS yet, too busy with homework (& surfing FF)

-Dave-

#6 ·
i loved NFSHP2
:)

#12 ·
Re: Re: AU falcon

blackout said:
Yer welcome to have your opinion, whether or not you should voice it is a different story. Some people may actually be offended when people say this.
I actually :puke: when I saw the altezza lights on that Falcon. If that isn't offensive enough for the AU Preservation Society :bsr:, here is my opinion and I have no qualms about voicing it. :rant:

A riced vehicle contains tacky useless addons that are non performance enhancing. :ghey: As far as I'm concerned in my opinion that is rice and again well outside my tastes.

I do the same sort of thing as this guy, except with aircraft and flight simulators. As far as criticism, I don't think so. It's called FEEDBACK.

#14 ·
Re: Re: Re: AU falcon

Dark_Horse said:
A riced vehicle contains tacky useless addons that are non performance enhancing. :ghey: As far as I'm concerned in my opinion that is rice and again well outside my tastes.

Hmmm, by that definition, your own car is rice. After all, the body kit is a tacky and useless addon which is non performance enhancing.
It's also well outside my tastes.

Saying something isn't to your tastes is one thing, but calling something rice (or whatever) is critisism, not feedback.

Rick.

#16 ·
I hate all those lancers and IS200s with the altezza tail lights, but I reckon that Falcon looks alright. Maybe because it's the first one I've seen like that. If there were too many around, I probably wouldn't like it (like blueprint XRs).

That's my opinion and anyone who doesn't like it can GGF!

#18 · (Edited)
It's rancid in my book. It's not even tastefully done... In my opinion Altezza lights look cheap and tacky... Especially on a TS50! :doh: Minge, hope you're not getting ideas! :whip:

JC said:
That's my opinion and anyone who doesn't like it can GGF!
Here here!

#22 ·
Re: Re: AU falcon

blackout said:
AUIII XR6 HP born June '02. Adaptive Shift, Venom Red, Full Peregrine Body Kit, 5 x 17" Tickford Wheels + the Original Steelie™, T-Series Interior Upgrades, XR™ Carpet Mats, Marvin-The-Martian™ Features, Window Tint.

welcome to the ricer club then buddy
Ok so add to that list all the XR's with bodykits (factory fitted by the way to OEM standards, in fact AUIII XR's had that kit as standard fit), XR Mats (dealer option), Window Tint (dealer option), T-Series door handles (OEM equipment) etc etc. That's quite a broad generalisation there. These are all OEM, not tacky aftermarket

How the hell else are you going to distinguish between a Forte, XR or T-Series? vtir badging? Blow off valves?

Actually I think the XR's come under the Performance Range of the Falcon model which had tuned handling characteristics courtesy of a company called Tickford?

Oh and by the way ss-gt asked for our opinions on that TS50, not your opinion of my vehicle.

I don't have them ricey rims or a sewer pipe exhaust either buddy nor do I intend to add them to my so called "ricer" and it doesn't have a farty exhaust note either. And I don't share my doof doof with the neighbourhood sick moit either.

#23 ·
ok lets not get too side tracked guys
(dark horses car can hardly be called rice!)

this arguement has been had MANY times concerning what is and isnt rice

alot of people say rice is an add on that is purely for asthetic reasons (well in my opinion these people need to take a good hard look at emselves and the car they drive, way too much of a generalisation!)

in my opinion, rice is an add on that looks cheap and tacky and lessens the appearance and quality of a car

all types of add ons cant be classified as rice!

p.s. if you think add ons that are just for looks are rice then the TS50 was NOT a great car made by ford but a total rice box!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.