au inlet on ebxr8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2004, 02:50   #1 (permalink)

au inlet on ebxr8

just wondering if it is worth while fitting a au manifold on my ebxr8. or should i by a after market type. will it fit straight up or will it need some conversions
regards rick
xr8-ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2004, 12:38   #2 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Re: au inlet on ebxr8

It depends on how you define worthwhile. It will improve power etc, but other bits (heads / exhaust etc) will still be pretty limiting. Unless you plan on going aftermarket heads, I don't know that I'd bother with the extra expense of an aftermarket intake.

The AU's will need to be altered slightly for the EB - check the Windsor mechanical section (or search it), there is a heap of information in there about intakes and other mods.
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 13:34   #3 (permalink)

motor fully rebuilt 2031 cam acl flattops etc,e7 heads have been ported,car lacks power,have been told to get alloy elderbrocks & au intake as they are as good as any after market intake susposebly,just i can get au intake cheap at the moment.
Old 03-07-2004, 16:51   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

In that case yes AU inlet, Maf as well!!! Hope you have good springs with that 2031 even the Tickford tappered springs will break, which is very bad news...With roller cams the ramps are very sharp and is hard on anything thats not up to it...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:18   #5 (permalink)

crane springs 120 or 140 lbs,cant recall which ones.
Old 03-10-2004, 14:45   #6 (permalink)
a vile merchant

That intake is the most restrictive part of the stock setup. All your other hardware is going to waste until you change it. If you're keeping the E7's the AU intake would be perfect, if you're upgrading to alloys an aftermarket one would be better. Also as ebxr8240 said, MAF!!!!

"Five litres of Ford's finest cast iron!"
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons