Au motor in the EA SVO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2004, 04:41   #1 (permalink)
Woodsa

confused Au motor in the EA SVO

Howdy boys
I just finished putting in my 2001 AU XR6 VCT motor into my 89' SVO. but I haven't started to wire it up to the EA dash, now I am running the AU computer and engine looms and im trying to match it up to an ED ghia dashboard loom.

I need a WIRING DIAGRAM for an AU??? anyone got one or anything that can help? I will probably need and EA one, although I seem to get the gist of it just with time.

I have found a wiring diagram on the net but they want $150 for it! that is more than i'm willing to spend. I'm not that desperate, YET. if anyone works at ford and could photocopy it I would be willing to hand over a little dough.

any help would be appretiatted.

PS the motor looks great and slid straight in, almost anyway. if anyone wants photos or anything I could post them up??
options include "Genie" Exhaust/Extractors, Recaros, Momo Wheel/knob. Svo Body work, Svo Rims, Kicker 15' sub, kicker 6.5' splits. Alarm Imobilizer. Bilstien Shocks(SVO), Svo Anti swaybars, SVO springs. ED XR8 diff assembly and centre. DC LTD dash and wiring and *NEW*series II AU XR6 VCT motor*
SvoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2004, 05:18   #2 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

Re: Au motor in the EA SVO

please!!! tell us what you had to do with the heater pipes, fuel lines, radiator hoses, AC pipes and all that stuff! OED 666 and I are going to be putting AU engines in our cars soonish, (like, whole engine, serpentine drive belt, AC compressors you name it) and it would be great to know in advance what we are going to have troubles with!

and congrats big time man - an XR6 VCT motor wouldnt have been cheap!!! last time i asked a wreckers they wanted $3300 for just the motor!!!

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:33   #3 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Good to hear mate!
Get the Gregory's, I managed mine with that - unfortunately I then lost the damn diagram I drew up :/
Basically it's just a case of slicing into the EA computer loom at the gearbox plug and matching wires, i.e. O2, power, earth, etc. Took me about an evening to do the actual wiring, had to run an extra wire for the AU O2 sensor as it's a 4-wire setup as opposed to the EA 3-wire (same plug though). Smartlock will run the AU comp with no dramas, that's the other thing you need to do - find out the wires that meet the dash i.e. speedo, windscreen washer, a/c, etc.
The thermofans will require a little fiddling as well, I never did mine though so NFI what...

Oh BTW the trip computer won't read correctly now. Sorry. :)

Rollin - Heater pipes were cool, just used the EL one, tho the EA MPFI ones would have been fine. As for the AC, I was cool cos mine's got more than 6 ribs, so I just put some longer bolts in and a few spacers to push it away from the block. Before that, the belt was rubbing on the tensioner. It also made the required belt length greater, unfortunately.
If you wanna change to the AU compressor you're looking at big trouble, I didn't even go there as the two systems are so vastly different! My suggestion is to get a good s/h Sanden compressor with lots of ribs - probably cheaper than an AU one anyways...
Everything else was cool, p/s fits fine and I just squashed the EB radiator hose down onto the AU pump. Did a shitload of high revs and never blew it off - blew off the heater hose a few times tho!
Ran real cool that way even without the fans, provided she didn't sit in traffic too long.

Regards,
Alex

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 16:50   #4 (permalink)
Woodsa

Hey Rollin...
I haven't tested this all yet so don't hold it to my neck that it works but this is whats been done so far..
I picked up a 2001 XR6 VCT engine with loom and computer for get this.... $1500 thats 1367 or the like not icluding GST. I've seen the car is out of a silver XR6 with 46000 km on it and no marks or anything in the engine bay or the engine. he gave me a different cars computer and loom. to begin with he told me $2500 not neg! I came back a month later said one grand VISA, 500 cash he said no worries. I you live in VIC and want any ford parts send me a Msg and I'll give details.

About fitting, firstly remove the old motor and change over the mounts, Grind a fair bit off the front of the sump( just wait until you go to slide it in, then you will see where it doesn't fit, BUT REMEMBER that when you first put it in the motor tilts backward so don't take too much off; it will fit better when it sits level. then fuel lines are easy just get a few inches of pipe and cut the two lines at a similar spot put the pipe in both and put hose clamps on. about the heater hose. mine was a MPfi EA and the pipes didn't fit. the AU pipe bends down at the end, I cut that bend off the AU pipe and the EA pipe went straight on.

about the A/C compressor, I stuck with the AU so I didn't need to regas the system, or upgrade etc. you can use the AU aircon mount but moved to different holes with the EA compressor, or so it looks thus far. mine is all fitted but i'm unsure if it will all work.

There are a few other things like there being no place for the coil pack because it ussually fits on the AU engine mounts, so I made one up out of a steel Shelf bracket.
my EA bell housing for a manual didn't fit on the AU sump(holes didn't line up) and I would feel bad telling you to modify or something may break so get the AU bell housing if possible.

The AU starter was smaller than my EA one so i got an EF one, but i was told EB's have smaller starters too.

you will need to run an AU accelerator cable if you dont have the variable length runners(ie EA to ED/EF not sure bout that.) I don't know if EL or EF cables fit, also you will need the vacuum control solenoid, should get it for free, its tiny and controls the Variable lenght manifold.
wow, that was a speill. got any more q's just yell out.
options include "Genie" Exhaust/Extractors, Recaros, Momo Wheel/knob. Svo Body work, Svo Rims, Kicker 15' sub, kicker 6.5' splits. Alarm Imobilizer. Bilstien Shocks(SVO), Svo Anti swaybars, SVO springs. ED XR8 diff assembly and centre. DC LTD dash and wiring and *NEW*series II AU XR6 VCT motor*
Old 01-14-2004, 17:42   #5 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

were's the vacuum control solenoid located?
Old 01-14-2004, 19:04   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Would love to see pics, expecially of the ground sump. Bring it on.

David
EB2Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 21:25   #7 (permalink)
{';'}

You lucky bastard - and so cheap! I wish I could do something like this, only thing is I'd have to pay someone to do the whole lot :( Talk about a sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 22:59   #8 (permalink)
Woodsa

Rymers;
The Vacuum control solenoid is found above the left( looking from inside the car) wheel arch at the back tucked away, follow the vacuum lines at the back of the motor across, two vacuum lines plug in to it,and one two wire plug. tiny black thing.
Old 01-14-2004, 23:09   #9 (permalink)
Woodsa

sorry boys dad has taken his Digi Camera will post them tommorow.
cheers
Old 01-15-2004, 03:37   #10 (permalink)
EFXR62

Very interesting read.. I'll be interested to see more..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons