AU Series 111. Fuel Economy - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2003, 02:02   #1 (permalink)

Question AU Series 111. Fuel Economy

I am considering trading my NL Fairlane in on a Series 111 Futura Wagon, dealer demo.
What is the fuel economy of these cars ?
What are they like mechanically, etc ?
The only bad point was the styling, otherwise a great Ford car ?
Thanks guys.
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2003, 21:38   #2 (permalink)
2000 AUII Fairmont

Re: AU Series 111. Fuel Economy

I think the wagon uses 0.5 - 1 L/100km more than the sedans according to official figures. On the highway in my AUII Fairmont I've got anywhere from low 8s to just over 12 L/100km on the hwy, depending on wind and load if that helps. Around town I can expect to be anywhere between11 and 14, depending on whether I'm in peak hour traffic or not and whether there are lots of lights, roundabouts etc.

Have had no mechanical problems in the 4.5 months I've had it. Service intervals are every 15,000km and I've not had to put a drop of oil in since it was serviced 10,000 ago.

Very much an under-rated car. I was put off initially by the styling, but hey, you spend your time behind the wheel, not looking at the outside. Over time the styling has grown on me.

I had an 83 Corona before this (laughable looking back now but at least it was rear-wheel drive) and didn't have alliegences to ford or holden. Just knew that the next car had to be rear-wheel drive, from my experiences driving camrys and the just superceded magna. Drove the AUII back to back against the VX commodore and it was no contest. I preferred the holdens styling, but I was sold on the superior suspension control, particularly the rear over the rough 100km/hr road I drove them over (so much for the commodores IRS) and the ford's superior steering response. Sure I prefered the heavier weighting of the holden, but the ford turned in better. These aspects were more important than the styling.

All in all very happy with my purchase.
Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 07:17   #3 (permalink)

Re: AU Series 111. Fuel Economy

Thanks Cobb for the post. Unfortunately I couldn't get finance for the wagon. Keeping with the NL Fairlane. Maybe I'll win Lotto on sat !
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons