Au XR8 Mods progress - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2003, 21:03   #1 (permalink)
XR82GO

biggrin Au XR8 Mods progress

Ok guys just about to start with the mods on My Au series 2 XR8 Ute. All the business's I used that have links will be put up here also weather or not the work they did or parts they supplied was up to scratch.
Will probally be a slow process but will give you a chance to see whats worked for me and what hasn't. Not building a street monster Like Minge, just tidying up what is already a great car in my opinion.

Where I am up to so far.
1) Lowered
2) Ba scuff plates with xr logos
3) T-series door handles

Well I just rang up Herrod Motorsport and ordered the following bits. (very helpful as usual)
1)BMC Pannel filter (they said the pods will lose power on this model)$120
2)HPC Coated intake pipe from throtle body to the Maf sensor.$150
3)T-series snorkle (not worth getting the SS inductions one apparently?)$45

Will fit them when they get here and let you all know if there was any difference in power (seat of the pants meter). Although I'm not expecting much with such minor mods.

Getting the windows tinted next week as well 10% on the back window and rear quarters and 15% on the sides. $150 (Platinum Detailing Lismore)

Next time I will be doing the Extractors/Exhaust/Chip
Extractors = Pacemaker Competition series (maybe HPC coated???)
Exhaust = Twin 2 1/2" with 2 straight through Lukey Race magnum mufflers.
Chip = Chiptorque custom dyno tuned ecu.
Will give you dyno sheets when i make it up to Chiptorque

Oh well I'm off to pick up some Ghia bits from Ford Spare Parts now to clean up the inside a little more.

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2003, 21:35   #2 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Re: Au XR8 Mods progress

Thanks sylox looking forward to the updates! now that HOTDBZ car is now on the road and Laminge's car seems to be in a holding pattern!

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
XR82GO

Arrow Re: Au XR8 Mods progress

Ok guys got some goodies from Herrods in the mail today. (check the pic).
Initial impressions of products.
Intake pipe. (damm that looks sweet)
BMC Filter (wow they are a bit heavier than the paper one)
T-Series intake. (Ummm Not much bigger than an xr8 one)

Oh and so you know Quote I had on the bit's from Herrod was spot on the final price was actually cheaper . And the goods were sent prioity mail. Very impressed.

Oh well I will go down to the shed and fit the bits now. Take it for a drive and see what the SEATOFTHEPANTSoMETER says.

edit:Cant add the pic's yet some thing with the website changes getting this error message
--->Herrod induction gear.jpg:
File system directory is not writable.

Last edited by sylox; 12-07-2003 at 19:06.
Old 12-07-2003, 22:15   #4 (permalink)
XR82GO

Well All done and been for a drive.

The SEATOFTHEPANTSoMETER only noticed a very very slight increase in power. Slightly different exhaust sound.
The Intake pipe was a tight fit up to the maf and looks a little bit smaller in size than the stock one.

When I went to fit the T-series snokle, I found out that it was exactly the same as the one that was on there.(Part numbers match). I rang Jeff at Herrods and he confirmed it was the T-series one.
We just figured the previous owner had already fitted one, however Jeff asked "what size T/B is on your car it isn't a 70mm is it." I said "no it should be the factory one why do you ask".
Jeff replied " The 220kw motors had the 70mm T/B and Only the 220kw windsors have the same snorkle as the 250kw T-series.
So I rang up Ford and quoted the part numbers off the T/B and the Spacer and they confirmed they were the part numbers from a 220kw windsor. And asked if my car had the oil cooler on it (It does) Ford said well you must have one of the utes that did get the 220kw motor.
I still thought maybe the previous owner made some mods. So I rang the car dealer up and got him to call the previous owner. He said he had only lowered the car when he had it and didn't do a thing to the motor.

So at the end of the day it seems i have a 220kw ute afterall. SWEET

Old 12-08-2003, 01:11   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Your a lucky bloke Sylox getting the 220kw job,this confirm's that Ford did build 220kw ute's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:53   #6 (permalink)
XR82GO

Yeah well I am hoping so anyways.
The t/b part numbers match and the original owner didn't do anything to it.
I have sent FPV a email only giving them the engine number asking what state of tune my windsor is 185kw/200kw/220kw.

Will let you all know.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:48   #7 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Sounds like you got lucky! The 70mm throttle body is easy to spot as it should have a big tickford logo in plain view.
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 13:55   #8 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

^^^ As he said ^^^.
The utes only came with the 200kw job right through to AU III. The snorkels off the XR8's are the same as the ones off the T1's and T2's. The T3's had a totally different intake so it doesn't matter. It is only a change if you have an XR6 as they had the standard snorkel (I think).

Corey

P.S What are you doing on Boxing day? I will be down in Byron for the day.

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 15:39   #9 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Get thine self into the Windsor forums section pronto!
Old 12-17-2003, 02:14   #10 (permalink)
XR82GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle
Get thine self into the Windsor forums section pronto!
Mods aren't just on the engine its the whole car.

Ok I am booked in to have my windows tinted nice and dark. Should be happening just after Christmas.

Also I'm booked into have the Exhaust and extractors fitted early January and will be heading up to chiptorque the next day hopefully. Will have some dyno sheets to show you guys then. I want that V8 growl

Gunna go and see the local car audio place early January also for a custom Sub install and some better speakers. Just gotta have some nice tunes.

And on another note the little voices inside my head keep saying Vortec over and over for some reason. I wonder why that might be.

Will keep you all posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons