AU111 XR8 any problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 21:48   #1 (permalink)

AU111 XR8 any problems

Looking at maybe buying an AU111 XR8 and just woundering if some people could tell me what to look out for on this model. Are their any known problems??
Cheers
Glenn
LOVXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2005, 23:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: AU111 XR8 any problems

Look for rust in the weld joints - inside door hinge area. Also under the bonnet (particularly behind the ford badge area), boot gas struts also. Its not a major and ford covers 5yrs rust warrenty. I had an XR8 AU1 that i took into a dealer one month before it was to run out and they did it all with no charge to me and no questions.
Diffs can be clunky with around town driving, particulalry manuals. An additive was used to shut them up (along with a beading in process - wheelies!!) no joke it required one wheel of the LSD to be made to work harder than the other. This was typically done by driving around in tight circles so the inside wheel lifted and spun before the outside. It might still not be perfect but what car is, The BA's are still doing it.
Rear shock mounts can make a bit of noise but are an easy replace.
Of course you might get a good one that is trouble free, bottom line get a warranty and give it a good look over to make sure it has been maintained and not thashed to much! You might find a good one with a few mods already, exhaust etc.
On my second AU XR8. Had a series 1 cobra and now a AU2 and I love it. Fun motoring!! Knocky diffs and shock mounts can't sourer the fun I have even when I'm just crusing in it.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons