AU3 Fairmont Ghia Side Airbags? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2003, 19:31   #1 (permalink)
Australian AU Forte Member

AU3 Fairmont Ghia Side Airbags?

Hi All

I'm hoping to pick up an AU3 Fairmont Ghia at auction next week. It has 13,000kms on the clock and is an 05/02 build. I'm hoping to pay $23-$25k for it (based on the price history at this auction on Fairmont Ghias).

Interestingly, it says it has the following options:
- Full leather seats
- Side airbags

I was hoping someone would be able to confirm for me, that you could indeed get side airbags as an option on the AU3 Ghia? I can't seem to find any site that indicates they were available on the AU3.

Thanks

Adam
adamw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2003, 23:00   #2 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Re: AU3 Fairmont Ghia Side Airbags?

Side airbags weren't even an option on any of the AU series and it is highly unlikely that they were retro fitted either. On the BA there is an airbag label near the top of the seat on the outboard side.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:52   #3 (permalink)

Re: AU3 Fairmont Ghia Side Airbags?

l agree with the others, AU's never had side airbags and l doubt ford would have spent the money engineering them for the last of the AU's either. Must be a typo. Sounds like a nice car though.
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons