AUII Headlight - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 03:31   #1 (permalink)

AUII Headlight

Hi, my mums AUII left headlight is gone and ive been trying to unscrew, pulling it, you name it ive tried it but the bloody thing wont come out. What am I doing wrong?

Also just another question, there seems to be a problem with the remote (even the spare). The battery seems fine as the red light appears when you push any button ie. the boors, boot, however the problem is the door/boot dont open. I dont think its a battery issue as the red light is quite bright, but on the other hand I might be wrong.

If anyone can help me out on any of the two questions that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 01:50   #2 (permalink)
Got my 3.45 LSD!

Re: AUII Headlight

what do u mean by "headlight is gone"? is the light in it blown?
if is the drivers side, its a pain in the a$$ as the battery limits the room for your hand to get at the back of the light. to replace the globe, open ur bonnet, unplug the loom wiring, remove the rubber shroudding, then there is a wire clip holding the light in place, just push it to one side and it should unclip and remove the light globe. installation is the reversal but make sure that you dont touch the lense on the new globe with your fingers. a finger print will cause the globe to explode.

now for the remote, when it doesnt open the doors or the boot then its work life is over, go to your local wreckers and pick one up, it could cost up to $30, any e-series falcon remote with smart lock is compadible with your AU. only thing you have to do is program it to your car, which isnt hard. another option is to go to ford and buy a AU3 remote with the panic botton or a BA one which is better quality.
hope that can help you out, let me know if you have any problems

Matt

Built with spanners, not chopsticks.
AU dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:08   #3 (permalink)

Re: AUII Headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU dude
what do u mean by "headlight is gone"? is the light in it blown?
Blown.

Thanks for the instructions. Ill try it out sometime over the weekend. If I have any problems, ill let you know.
GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons