AUII XR8 Premium Brake Upgrade - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2005, 22:38   #1 (permalink)

roll AUII XR8 Premium Brake Upgrade

Can anyone please confirm if I can Convert my Std AUII XR8 220 Brakes to PREMIUM Spec?

Can I just replace the 287 mm x 28 mm Rotors with 329mm x 28 mm "Premium" pkg, using the Calliper Adapter Brackets to compensate for greater Dia Rotors, and my std twin pot Callipers?

I kmow from the DBA Spec Sheet, the Rotors are the same Spec ie dimensions exc Diameter.

Are aftermarket Calliper mounting Adapter Brackets available - to accommodate larger Rotors - or must I use Genuine FORD? Ford P/No: 8441 2B134 AB & 8441 2B135 AB

Does anyone know pricing on the the above Rotors, Adapter Bks and PBR Mustang Cobra Callipers for the "Premium" Pkg?

Any other advice would be appreciated - This is just for general Road use (NOT Track) and at $2,400, the PBR "Upgrade Kit" is unfortunately NOT an option.

Regards & BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR!

Steve S
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 00:15   #2 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Thumbs up Re: AUII XR8 Premium Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle
Can anyone please confirm if I can Convert my Std AUII XR8 220 Brakes to PREMIUM Spec?

Can I just replace the 287 mm x 28 mm Rotors with 329mm x 28 mm "Premium" pkg, using the Calliper Adapter Brackets to compensate for greater Dia Rotors, and my std twin pot Callipers?

I kmow from the DBA Spec Sheet, the Rotors are the same Spec ie dimensions exc Diameter.

Are aftermarket Calliper mounting Adapter Brackets available - to accommodate larger Rotors - or must I use Genuine FORD? Ford P/No: 8441 2B134 AB & 8441 2B135 AB

Does anyone know pricing on the the above Rotors, Adapter Bks and PBR Mustang Cobra Callipers for the "Premium" Pkg?

Any other advice would be appreciated - This is just for general Road use (NOT Track) and at $2,400, the PBR "Upgrade Kit" is unfortunately NOT an option.

Regards & BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR!

Steve S
Hi ,there is a lot to get through here so I'll give it a go,

the 329mm DBA rotors will fit straight on to your car,
Dont know about the calliper brackets.
I think your callipers would do the job.
As for the price of the callipers from Ford, dont even think about.
Somewere on the forums there is a guy with a pair of new Brembo callipers for sale for about 600 bucks which is dirt cheap.
I think you would be able to get calliper brackets made to fit those Brembos as well as your callipers to your car, you'll have to go to an enginering shop.. hope thid helps....Steve
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons