AUIII XR6 VCT common problems? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 20:41   #1 (permalink)
AU newbie fanatic

AUIII XR6 VCT common problems?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an AUIII XR6 VCT auto (thanks for the help, Casper and everyone, pre-purchase!) and am VERY pleased with the car.

The car I bought is still under manufacturer warranty until the middle of next year, and I was going to make sure anything that was a common 'weak spot' in the car is looked at, and maybe replaced, while it's still under warranty.

The only major hassle I have at the moment is the fact the car 'dances' a bit all over the road during normal driving. I think it might be time for a wheel alignment, or at least get the Ford guys to have a look at it. Also have the 'brake shudder' but I think it's such a common complaint that Ford generally don't do much to fix it?

I also heard the fuel pump sometimes needs replacing, as the AUs can lose power around second gear? That happened to me once as I was accelerating away from the lights around a corner.

I just want all this stuff taken care of under warranty, and not have to fork out for it after the fact...

Cheers!
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 01:02   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: AUIII XR6 VCT common problems?

Moved to Aussie Falcons, more appropriate area.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 19:15   #3 (permalink)
It pays to be aboard FORD

Re: AUIII XR6 VCT common problems?

The fuel cut out is not the fuel pump but the sock inside the fuel tank which stop the crap on the bottom tank been suck up. The only problem is the sock itself can be damage or crushed which stop or slows the fuel rate down. So the car runs out of fuel. I had the same thing happen to mine. It was fix under warranty.

Now the brake shutter is more than likely your disk are warp. Bad news they are not covered under warranty so after market one are better & cheap any way.

As for dancing all over the road check your tyre pressurre if you got them pump up to hard with low profile tyre i notice the car will bonce all over the road.

Dumb pc
AUIII XR8 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons