Aussie Coupe Liberation Front - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2004, 09:36   #1 (permalink)

Aussie Coupe Liberation Front

Just looking for coupe owners that are interested in joining a group dedicated to helping eachother out, trading parts, selling parts, advice etc. We strongly believe in Australian parts remaining in Australia for Australians. Take a look, if it sounds like something you might be interested in then join in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main.jpg (16.5 KB, 85 views)

Old 09-06-2004, 19:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: Aussie Coupe Liberation Front

I know I will need advice. I am restoring a 74 XB Fairmont hardtop. Seems at lot go to the US. I wouldn't have thought there were too many to spare here in OZ.
Brut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 19:16   #3 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

There was a big discussion on one of the mailing lists about this recently after a guy on ebay said something along the lines of "I will not sell these parts to yanks" in one of his auctions.
Old 09-06-2004, 20:20   #4 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Does anybody have any export numbers or is it nothing more than the classic chineese whisper?

A couple of months back I sent an email to the importers of Coupes in the USA indicating what I had. I also indicated that I had hundreds of photos I could shoot him if they were interested. For the record I had a 10 second XC Coupe, a near perfect XB 351 Fairmont Coupe and a 460 XB Coupe all in show condition. I put no prices on the cars. Do you think I got a reply? Nope. Even if they thought I was full of shit, it costs nothing to send an email requesting the photos.

Personally, I think the whole "USA importing all our coupes" is nothing short of a myth.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:07   #5 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
Does anybody have any export numbers or is it nothing more than the classic chineese whisper?

A couple of months back I sent an email to the importers of Coupes in the USA indicating what I had. I also indicated that I had hundreds of photos I could shoot him if they were interested. For the record I had a 10 second XC Coupe, a near perfect XB 351 Fairmont Coupe and a 460 XB Coupe all in show condition. I put no prices on the cars. Do you think I got a reply? Nope. Even if they thought I was full of shit, it costs nothing to send an email requesting the photos.

Personally, I think the whole "USA importing all our coupes" is nothing short of a myth.
Best you post the pics here to show us then.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 05:56   #6 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

I am guessing this is the link you want us to go to ?
http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/aclf/
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:42   #7 (permalink)

Yellow Fire What was the discussion about mate? Was it for or against?

falcon coupe yep thats the url
Old 09-07-2004, 16:47   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN

I've posted info before on this but basically the AFFC (Australian Ford Falcon Club) tries to stay in contact with all owners here in North America (Canada and US). We are international owners only group with approximately 140 members in Canada, England, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, US, and Japan! We are always trying to track what cars are coming into North America (we are very concerned about theft and theft resale). At last count, there were less than 100 Falcons in Canada/US. Of these, there are 2 panelvans, 2 utes, and 10-12 sedans. The remaining cars are hardtops of which only 10-12 are in some form of Mad Max conversion (there are less than 20 MM cars worldwide according to various MM websites). Very few of the owners that I constantly communicate with (about 50%) would even consider turning their car into a MM clone. Also, of the current owners in North America, 6 are Aussie ex-pats and all own more than 1 car. All brought their cars with them and some have brought more over for themselves and their family use. With the current exchange rate and new regulations, it currently cost almost US$6000 to bring a car into country (one guy recently paid US$6200).......MAYBE 2-5% of the current owners could afford these fees and if you follow any of the MM forums, you'll see that most of the posters on those boards CANNOT afford those fees. Currently I know of 5 cars in the US that are being sold by the current US owners. None have sold and all have been for sale for well over 12 months.......all are MUCH cheaper than importing so it's a pretty safe bet that the market is drying up.

ONE VERY important point, RHD does NOT sell up here! There are very few Canadian/US muscle car owners that will touch a RHD muscle car...most just want a Camaro or a Mustang. Perfect point is look how few Monaros and Chargers have come over! I have been able to track down 5 Monaros and 1 was LHD. I have found 10 Chargers and one has been for sale for over 10 months and it's price has dropped from $11,500 to $8500! There is one Falcon sedan that has dropped from $16500 to $9000 and it has been for sale since 2001!!! I'm sure there some cars I don't know about but I'd bet it's not many as RHD muscle cars do draw a LOT of attention up here.....these are much more rare up here than LHD muscle cars down there or in England.

Y'alls supply of coupes are safe so PLEASE restore ALL you can find regardless of drivetrain, color, options, OR RUST! Ford ain't building them anymore so it is up to ALL of us Falcon Hartop fans to save an endangered species!!!

--J
XAFALCONGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 16:54   #9 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB fiend
Yellow Fire What was the discussion about mate? Was it for or against?
Well to be fair I didn't have any input to the discussion, but it was basically against this guy refusing to sell coupe parts to Americans. From memory they weren't even genuine Ford parts so the whole discussion boiled down to calling this guy a wanker :)
Old 09-07-2004, 17:22   #10 (permalink)
Club Phantom

thanks xafalcongs. pretty much as I suspected. A dose of reality never goes astray. Not sure about everybody else, but if I was selling my car, I wouldn't care less if Joe Blo from the North Pole bought it. A sale is a sale.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons