Autosalon '04 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2004, 04:51   #1 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

Autosalon '04

Just spent the day at Autosalon...and like I expected it was a toned down version this year. Everyone seems a bit over the 4 cyl craze, and the V8 oriented events (Easternats etc) seem to be attracting more entrants. Can't say I saw much advertising about it this year either except for a few radio ads.

Anyway, besides all the usual rice burners there was a few alright Holdens and Fords. My favourite was this turbo'd EL XR6 that had a massive 309kW at the wheels! I was speaking to the owner and it's running a GT30 that's been hi-flowed, custom manifold, cooler and piping....and most suprising of all he's running 14psi on a standard bottom end!!! Done 10000kms with no problems (it's a daily driver). I took lots of pics on my mate's digi cam so when he burns them onto a CD for me I'll post 'em up.

Did anyone else go?
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2004, 04:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: Autosalon '04

doug, is that PYROAY?
if so he's a member of fordmods, i've seen that car a few times and it goes HARD.
if it is him, he is also running a T5
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 16:49   #3 (permalink)

Yeah i went. That was nice car wasn't it. There was some great lookin cars there.
xr8eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 18:12   #4 (permalink)
EA-S MPI 5-Speed

yeah i was there
great event. love auto salon each year, yer that ford was nice, but cant go past that cadence ambo with all the subs and amps in it =)
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 21:36   #5 (permalink)
EFXR62

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
doug, is that PYROAY?
if so he's a member of fordmods, i've seen that car a few times and it goes HARD.
if it is him, he is also running a T5
a t5 with 309kw's at the wheels? must be a strong t5 :)
Old 04-04-2004, 22:19   #6 (permalink)

thats what i said, he said so far its been ok.
wonder if its been touched, i know he was replacing the clutch when i spoke to him, nothing else though
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

Old 04-04-2004, 22:28   #7 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Hasnt he got a mal wood kit is in trans, I thought he said in the other thread it was A T5Z or am I thinking of someone else?
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 23:11   #8 (permalink)
Gonna fit a twin cam

Just saw a post by pyroay on fm. When they were leaving last night at 9pm (all the competitors that is), the cops were waiting for them all, pulled them all over, and defected them. Bunch of bloody arsewholes. So, they have seven days (including sunday) to get defects cleared, keeping in mind its a long weekend, which leaves only four days. Quite a few pissed of people, and the vic government gets richer.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:37   #9 (permalink)

hmmm, i wonder what pyro was done for, he was hassled another time for the neons and he got off on it, have to keep an eye out for this!

Old 04-05-2004, 01:49   #10 (permalink)
EFXR62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Na
Just saw a post by pyroay on fm. When they were leaving last night at 9pm (all the competitors that is), the cops were waiting for them all, pulled them all over, and defected them. Bunch of bloody arsewholes. So, they have seven days (including sunday) to get defects cleared, keeping in mind its a long weekend, which leaves only four days. Quite a few pissed of people, and the vic government gets richer.
That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard! This will just force these competitors to not participate in these autosalon events because their cars become targets. The autosalon corporation should definetely be looking at finding a way to fight this kind of stuff.

What a joke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons