[B]2003 BA XT Falcon..[/B] advice appreciated - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2005, 04:58   #1 (permalink)

[B]2003 BA XT Falcon..[/B] advice appreciated

Hello everyone, I am a new falcon owner,relatively new to fords and just learning.

Could anyone give me advice as to what would be a good way to possibly enhance my car. Its a 2003 XT sedan auto with just over 50k on the clock.

Appearance wise I love the car its the Luscious and looks great in the sun.

I was wondering if there were body kits available for this model? I think spoilers and a slightly lowered suspension would go a long was as id like to keep it reasonably family and not go overboard.

Any suggestons from anyone who has made their cars a little flashier than stock would be welcomed.
emark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2005, 09:24   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: [B]2003 BA XT Falcon..[/B] advice appreciated

g'day mate, just have a looksie at my signature. :) i've spent a few bucks though. the car should have the greater part of 170rwkw. the only mod left to do is the second cold air intake and i've got one of them coming in, the typhoon one. if you have any questions or want any explanations i am more than happy to help out.

i highly recommend every mod i've done, the wheels and suspension make the car ride and look an absolute treat. the xr kit looks awesome. and the power mods make me smile when exercising my right foot. lol.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:26   #3 (permalink)
Insignifcant Other

got any pics of it?

how much did the gt-p mags set you back?
Old 07-04-2005, 16:07   #4 (permalink)

What sort of price would i be looking at for a suspension upgrade there dawal? Also how easy are the xr kits to install? I take it they fit the standard sedan without too much problem. Reading a little, the 2nd cold air intake sounds like a good investment. Im not overly concerned with power etc I was just wanting to make the appearance a little sweeter.I got the car for a steal at auction but dont want to go overboard spending $
Old 07-04-2005, 22:13   #5 (permalink)
Conan

For the money you will spend, why not trade the thing in for a NA XR6? Save up the pennies and drive one that has all that you are looking for an will have a better resale value....just my thought.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

G'day guys, i've posted a couple of pics over the last few months i'll find the links to the threads......
this one is before the body kit but after the gt-p wheels and koni suspension...
victoria - Ba driving/fog/turning lights
this thread has two pics, both with the xr kit.
How many kilometres has your Ford done lately?

The suspension cost me $1200 installed and it sits about 1.5 to 2 cm lower than the xr6. with king lows and koni shocks. (i got trade deal though, and it may be more like $1500)

the wheels i got from wheel king and they cost $3000 with tyres. the wheels are the real deal but the tyres are rubbish. Falken is the brand, and i will be getting some bridgestones soon. the wheels are hard to find needing a vin to purchase from ford.

the xr kit is easy to fit yourself, just a matter of jacking the car up and using a socket set. i did only do the front myself and had the panel shop who painted the parts fit the rear spoiler as i didn't want to drill the bootlid myself. the kit including headlights, grill front bar and spoiler cost $1700, but the wrecker traded the old front from the futura for $500. btw, all parts except for the rear spoiler were new, still in ford boxes. painting and rear spoiler installation cost $500.

conan, i now see the merit in just getting the xr6 in the first place, if i could have my time again i'd have a turbo infact. but when i got this car i was only just 20 and wasn't even sure that i should have spent as much as i did. then i caught the mod bug, and now it's a pretty nice piece if machinery. but i'd still love a turbo, and will do it in the next few years.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 07-05-2005, 16:14   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the input :) This being the first ford i have actually owned means i didnt have a great idea of what was available. Adding some xtras for a little individuality is about as far as the budget can stretch atm and this is why i have asked who has gone this option. Dawal the xr front looks sweet quite a change from the original. I think i would probably go that option if i can find one. Just need to start searching. If I can get it changed a little for maybe a couple of grand i will be very happy! PS I payed $16200 the xr6's were about 10k more so i went this option
Old 07-05-2005, 17:33   #8 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

mate, that's an awesome price! i paid $25k for mine with 22,000kms about 10 months ago. and it's a futura. my brother just paid $23k for a fairmont with 46,000kms. they are getting quite cheap. i've seen turbos with prices down to about $33k. you did awesome emark! let me know what you decide to do, i'd be interested how you go.
Old 07-07-2005, 00:37   #9 (permalink)
Insignifcant Other

dawal5, your car is sweet as. i wish to have something like that in future :D
Old 07-07-2005, 02:46   #10 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

thanks mate! i love it. in my opinion it's one of the best colours offered on the car too. just looks brilliant in the flesh! (when it's clean... lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons