Ford Forums banner

Ba 300+

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  strife 
#1 ·
In the new Peformance Ford mag it says that they are ditching the 4.6 engine and gonna use the 5.4 and the sprintex supercharger:whoaa: That's gonna be scary.

#3 ·
If it ever happens......

Read the fine print. They still want Ford to give them cars to convert. Ford didn't with AU so why would they with BA which they can't make enough of anyway and now they have their own hero car in GT.

#7 ·
fordchick said:
I' am so lucy, sprintex is only 15 minuts away from me :). And there is someone near me who had 2 bullit roadsters at there mansion.... hmmmmmmm
Sprintex are actually in Osborne Park in Perth, not on the Gold coast, they might have an outlet there I guess.

All that money and development on putting a 4.6lt into a AU, setting up the drive by wire etc etc, all for what? For Ford to put almost that exact engine into a car anyway!

I bet they wish they had held off and just brought and stuck a blower on a BA XR8 or GT.

#9 ·
strife said:
...do they offer this a a power up package or you have to buy the whole car
That's the catch. In the article they go on about being a manufacturer not an aftermarket performance company. They thought Ford would supply them with cars to carryout their conversion on then look after the retail, marketing and servicing.

I don't know if Ford led them on (Monaro competitor?) but they seem to feel a bit let down that they invested so heavily and it never got off the ground apart from the MMS concept vehicle. Not that they actually bag Ford out because they still want a return on their investment, this time with the BA. I just can't see Ford going for it. They have a relationship with FPV for that sort of vehicle. It's true that AEC/Sprintex are not as confined by the bureaucracy of Ford/FPV but that don't seem prepared to accept all the risk of going it alone either.

They could set themselves up the same way CSV has done with Holden.

#10 ·
exectly, I cant see ford there given FPV has such a strong product

thing thing with CSV is that you can take your car to them I think and get Corsarised no reason they cant position themselves in the same way, its the only way I can see them getting any ROI unless they perhaps partner with FPV, but giving thats what prodrive is about go figure..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.