BA 5.4l EEC program fault - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2003, 03:58   #1 (permalink)

BA 5.4l EEC program fault

I have a 2003 BA XR8, with 8000 on the clock, and on Monday went to start and it ran like it was badly missing. On idle it was rough as anything. I took it to my local dealer who could not fault it, but said they uploaded a EEC software. no mor eproblem, but now it feels gutless and ordinary. not so much vrooooom... any thoughts from the group
NOBOUNDARIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2003, 04:30   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: BA 5.4l EEC program fault

Wrong software installed perhaps- standard 8 instead of XR8?
Old 12-27-2003, 15:45   #3 (permalink)
GO THE BOSS

it happend to my 8rx too. ford put a software update in the ECU and now it feels alot better to drive now. if anything i have gained more power then lost power.
BlackXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:43   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Aussieblue,and Black XR.

Apparently when they upload new software they change some sticker on that metal box that sits just back from the left hand suspension tower, under the bonnet.

If they have loaded the wrong software, then heads will roll

I will check thie sticker out and post the details, and appreciate if you get a chance "BlackXR" see if you have the same info.

Regards and cheers for the new year to all
Old 01-17-2004, 15:44   #5 (permalink)

Well at last, the problem has been resolved. Appears the latest upgrade to the EEC is a fizzer, thanks Ford Australia for using us all as test beds, rather than getting it right before hand.

I changed my servicing dealer who hard the car for 3 hours, and resolved it by re-installing the previous and original program. They advised the "upgrade" has a bug in it, and they tried 3 times to reload the upgrade but failed. Other BA XR8 drivers beware?????

In the mean time, beside the car's perforamce and drivability being no less than crap, the fuel economy was shot to hell achieving about 25l/100Km around town. Now who do I send the bill to for this fuel. Now its back to 13.5l/100, and the car is back to what it was.
Old 01-17-2004, 17:51   #6 (permalink)
GO THE BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBOUNDARIES
Thanks Aussieblue,and Black XR.

Apparently when they upload new software they change some sticker on that metal box that sits just back from the left hand suspension tower, under the bonnet.

If they have loaded the wrong software, then heads will roll

I will check thie sticker out and post the details, and appreciate if you get a chance "BlackXR" see if you have the same info.

Regards and cheers for the new year to all
MY NUMBER ON THE STICKER IS 32FF ABU-221 AND 3R23-12A650-FF I HOPE WE HAVE THE SAME NUMBER. IF NOT POST ME YOURS IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE MATE.
Old 01-17-2004, 18:09   #7 (permalink)
GO THE BOSS

Quote:
Well at last, the problem has been resolved. Appears the latest upgrade to the EEC is a fizzer, thanks Ford Australia for using us all as test beds, rather than getting it right before hand.

I changed my servicing dealer who hard the car for 3 hours, and resolved it by re-installing the previous and original program. They advised the "upgrade" has a bug in it, and they tried 3 times to reload the upgrade but failed. Other BA XR8 drivers beware?????

In the mean time, beside the car's perforamce and drivability being no less than crap, the fuel economy was shot to hell achieving about 25l/100Km around town. Now who do I send the bill to for this fuel. Now its back to 13.5l/100, and the car is back to what it was.
I GET ABOUT 12.9/100, BUT I HAVE A B.M.C REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER. IT GIVE YOU ABOUT 7KW AND BETTER FUEL ECONOMY. THEY ARE $180.00 AT HERRODS OR AUTOBARN. THE PART NUMBER IS 344/21. BEST MONEY I SPENT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpe DSC00614.JPE (15.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by BlackXR; 01-17-2004 at 18:28.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:53   #8 (permalink)

Gday Black XR

Thank you for the info. I took mine for a run yesterday and got an incredible 9.2l/100k ( very happy with this froma V8) that was a run up to Toowoomba and back to Brisbane, so it is back in form. It is funny that the hard starting appears ok now. They did find an error code in the memory, code 7.

The number on I found is A3JA-ABU251 then 3R23-12A650-AJA.

Interesting on the filter, thanks again.

Cheers
Old 01-19-2004, 00:14   #9 (permalink)
GO THE BOSS

Quote:
Gday Black XR

Thank you for the info. I took mine for a run yesterday and got an incredible 9.2l/100k ( very happy with this froma V8) that was a run up to Toowoomba and back to Brisbane, so it is back in form. It is funny that the hard starting appears ok now. They did find an error code in the memory, code 7.

The number on I found is A3JA-ABU251 then 3R23-12A650-AJA.

Interesting on the filter, thanks again.

Cheers
9.2l/100 that is very good 4 a v8. i couldn't get that in my ef 6. i haven't taken the boss for a long run yet. i hope i can get something like that.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:14   #10 (permalink)

Update**** 10,000 service they tried again to update the ECU, and success it worked, well so far (fingers crossed). They reset the base idle, and appears solved the problems it had before, cold start cranking etc. It appears to have better drivability so far, but time will tell if we get a good balance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons