ba auto trans - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 07:20   #1 (permalink)

Question ba auto trans

i got a bf 05 the gearbox goes into over drive [4gear] siting at 100km/h give a bit on the gas drop one gear into 3rd sounds like slipping when let off the gas a bit it grabs the gear then gas it and revs go up and down like sliping I have heard that the oil coolers are shit and makes it do it [HELP PLEASE]
qik40t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 20:02   #2 (permalink)
fordmech

Re: ba auto trans

If this is a 4 speed BF, what you're feeling may not be a transmission slipping but downshifting too early from 4th into 2nd, not 3rd. Take it to a Ford dealer and ask them to carry out TSB 18/05 and if this doesn't fix it the transmission will probably have to be opened to inspect for signs of premature wear. As you say it's an 05 model it will still be under warranty, so let them deal with it. cheers
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:54   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the info when it gets into 4 gear and gas it a touch it revs up like slipping ford said it be the 19s gt wheel i go on. instead of the 17s
Old 07-10-2007, 04:41   #4 (permalink)
fordmech

Sorry mate, but what your dealer told you sounds like a bullshit answer to me. The tyre size/diff ratio can be reset using WDS or IDS and it only takes a couple of minutes. When you have an incorrect parameter for these only the accuracy of your speedo will be affected. These cars were designed to go up to 19' tyres without problems. Again, tell them to do TSB 18/05 AND reset your tire size/axle ratio to the current tyres in your car. Drive it and see if it made any difference. Also, tell them to check for codes and post them here. If all this doesn't fix it you could have a worn/slipping forward clutch. cheers
marc
Old 07-11-2007, 03:53   #5 (permalink)

i going on monday i will to do what you said and let you know thaks heap
Old 07-14-2007, 22:08   #6 (permalink)

i my ba that i had ex cop car there was a wire in the passenger side kick panel there was a wire [blue with a white stripe ] briged one plug to a another plug behind it [same colour wiring ]when i cut the wire it would boost slowly when put back it would boost 5psi straight away do you know what it is because i did it to a xr6 non turbo and it takes of harder?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:04   #7 (permalink)

mad themostat help

I have a 05 ba xr6 i got told if i go for a colder thermostat i will go a bit better because it will feed more fuel i it
Old 07-23-2007, 05:01   #8 (permalink)
fordmech

Re: themostat help

Quote:
Originally Posted by qik40t
I have a 05 ba xr6 i got told if i go for a colder thermostat i will go a bit better because it will feed more fuel i it
Hi

It is true that a colder thermostat (or removing the thermostat) will make any EFI car run richer, but in no way are you gonna feel any power increase. All this does is confuse the PCM into thinking the car is still cold when it's in fact at normal operating temp.
So, when the car is cold you won't notice any difference and when it gets hot the PCM will dump excess fuel into the cylinders without letting more air in, so you still won't notice anything except a fuel smell and an awesome fuel bill. Long term dramas: O2 sensors and Catalytic converters fail if the engine is constantly running rich. You also get carbon build up inside the cylinder head, manifolds and throttle body and probably the engine light on.
Up to you, but I wouldn't do it. cheers

marc
Old 07-29-2007, 22:09   #9 (permalink)

i took the car to ford they put new soft wear and reset the pcm they said what it is doing is going from lock up converter to 4th a bit slowly i dont give enough gas what do you think
Old 07-29-2007, 22:14   #10 (permalink)

Re:05 ba /baxr6 /xr6 turbo

05 Ba/ba Xr6 /xr6turbos Recal Rear Brake Lines [brake Lines Are Splitting Open]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons