BA/BA2 XR6 ute LSD - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 19:38   #1 (permalink)

confused BA/BA2 XR6 ute LSD

Hey everyone,
Im interested in purchasing a BA/BA2 XR6 manual ute. I understand that LSD was not standed on this model, but was a factory option. When going to test some of these cars, other than bagging them up, how can i tell if it has LSD or not? Is there any marking on the car to indicate which diff it has?
thanx for your help
Venom
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 23:06   #2 (permalink)
fordmech

Re: BA/BA2 XR6 ute LSD

Hi Venom
Raise the rear axle off the ground (engine off!) and spin a wheel by hand. If it's LSD the other wheel should spin in the same direction, and if someone was to hold it by hand it would be next to impossible. In a normal diff, when spinning one wheel forward, the other one normally goes backwards and you can actually stop one by hand, even with the transmission in gear. Not so on LSD. There should also be a yellow sticker with all the details (diff ratio, part number, serial, lsd or not, etc), but in case it's missing you'll know what to do. cheers
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:18   #3 (permalink)

thanx backlash, where abouts on the car is this yellow sticker?
Old 07-14-2007, 04:09   #4 (permalink)
fordmech

Hi mate
All the ones that I've seen in utes, wagons and anything with live axle are on the axle, next to the u-bolts on the driver's side, facing the back of the car. So if you stick your head behind the driver's side rear wheel, you should be able to see it. Sometimes this sticker is white, not yellow. On IRS cars (sedans, Territory, etc) it's on the side of the diff, facing the driver's side rear tyre.
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons