Ford Forums banner

BA Belt Minder System

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  GTP 320 
#1 ·
My Pursuit has that annoying Belt Minder system activated. Beeps at you the moment the car is doing 5km/h - whether you're reversing out of the garage or whatever.

In the owner manual it gives a procedure to get rid of it.

Goes something like this:

- lights off
- doors closed
- park brake on
- driver seatbelt unbuckled

Then:
- turn on ignition (do not start engine)
- wait for belt warning light to go off
etc etc etc

Problem is my belt warning light never goes off. Elsewhere in the manual it says it should turn off after 8 seconds.

Has anyone else tried this procedure?

#3 ·
Yeah I turned it off on my XR. Just do it again following the log book instructions, and make sure you read them carefully! I had the same problem, re-read the stuff and done it again. Hasn't been on since

#4 ·
maco65 said:
Yeah I turned it off on my XR. Just do it again following the log book instructions, and make sure you read them carefully! I had the same problem, re-read the stuff and done it again. Hasn't been on since
Yes, but how long did you wait for the belt light to go out? Mine never seems to go off.

Oh, I DO wear a seatbelt all the time, however this is annoying when all you're doing is reversing the car out of the garage etc

#7 ·
AP I can't really remember, it was like 4 odd weeks ago now. There was sumthing in the log book that confused me and I just kept on trying till I got it, which was like the second time for me.

Alex

#8 ·
The bells and chimes do get a bit annoying sometimes, i guess it's part of the new model package, safety etc..

My boss has one of those Sannyong Musso 4WD cars....crappy bloody thing has more bells and chimes than a seventh day adventus church on a sunday morning! From lights to gears to doors open, the thing never shuts up!

#9 ·
I turned mine off.

The instructions in the book were a bit dicky.

The seat belt light actually neevr went off. I just continued with the instructions in the book & shazzam, the chime is now de-chimed.

Good luck with it.

You should get it off, if you follow the directions exactly (apart from waiting for the light to go off). If you wait for the light to go off you are likely to starve to death in the car.

#10 ·
All those squeeks are a pain in the arse. WHo bloody forgets to put thier belt on?

Focus's are annoying to they squeek everytime the door is open. The only sqeek i like is when you leave your lights on and take the keys out of ignition, becasue I'd have many flat batteries if that wasnt there.

#12 ·
Hey Aussiepete, did you ever manage to work out how to disable that belt minder crap? Just picked up my new GT and it's pissing me off no end!!!

I, like you, followed the instructions yet my warning light never turns off.

Need a solution pronto.

Chris

#14 ·
To disable the seatbelt warning try this:
1 Buckle the seatbelt,
2 Set ignition switch to on position ( do not start engine )
3 Press & hold the hazard switch,
4 Unbuckle , then buckle the seatbelt,
5 release the hazard swich. Then cycle the ignition key & go for a drive to test. Good luck.

this worked for me

#16 ·
Aussie Pete said:
Yes, but how long did you wait for the belt light to go out? Mine never seems to go off.

Oh, I DO wear a seatbelt all the time, however this is annoying when all you're doing is reversing the car out of the garage etc
Looks like you've got another serious problem there LOL
Cheers John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.