BA Clutch and Flywheel problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 03:53   #1 (permalink)

mad BA Clutch and Flywheel problems

Where do I start?????
I bought my BA XR8 ute from a ford dealership earlier this year. Over the past 6 weeks I have had nothing but problems!

First I returned to the dealer with complaints and was told on a number of occassions that everything was ok. A week later they finally replaced the radiator/coolant system and i thought i was happy.

Exactly 1 week later while driving home from work the clutch went straight to the floor - and not wanting to damage it any further i pulled over. I got the car towed straight back to the dealership that night. Two days later they decided to try and find the problem. I was informed that i needed a full clutch replacement and this was not covered under a new car warranty!!!

The extent of the damage was unbelievable - the pressure plate has completley shattered into 4 pieces & the flywheel has 3 cracks around the bolt housing - parts costing around $4000!!! (Not including labor)

The ford dealership & HO have brushed me off & tried to tell me this is normal wear and tear!!!! The car only has 36000km on the clock!!!! I am soo ticked off!! I love my car and teat it well, after wanting one for a long time - my dreams are now shattered!

I am pursuing this with the Dept. of Fair Traiding & the NRMA. I just wanted to post this message to see if anyone else has had similar problems - and what they have done about it,

B_B
Black_Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 22:44   #2 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Re: BA Clutch and Flywheel problems

Noted and added to the list......Looks like there trying to bluff you, but dont fall for it, make them fix it and dont give up. Hope you get it sorted out, then you can enjoy the car mate......
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 00:58   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply mate.

You're so ture they are trying to bluff but it's not going to work on me. the car has been there since last thursday and the only thing they did is pull the clutch out. I had a look at it and told them to stop all work until they fix it. I'll post back here with the finshing story
Old 09-14-2004, 01:02   #4 (permalink)
Rice is for eating

typical dealerships, thats' all i have to say
smoke_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:23   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke_rubber
typical dealerships, thats' all i have to say
It's Ford that provide the warranty not the dealers. Why should the dealer pay for the repair? They don't manufacture the car.
SPALDING GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:56   #6 (permalink)

I understand that.

I have been in contact with ford Head Office and they are brushing me off as well. Because its a clutch/flywheel problem they do not want to know me. The part is obviousely faulty due to the amount of damage caused.
Old 09-14-2004, 16:07   #7 (permalink)
Crikey

Stick to your guns Black_Betty but don't loose your cool, it ends up not being any help as frustrating as your situation is.

I have also found it helpful to mention that you are a member of the Ford enthusiast community, the Ticky Club, Ford Forums etc and that you have been discussing your problems accordingly. Indicates to them that you are not an isolated buyer but someone who can influence purchasing decisions amongst a larger group.

If you haven't already done so speak to the dealer principle.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 20:46   #8 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

I had a problem on My BA XR8 Sedan with a stuffed pressure plate, had major vibrations when taking off. Dealer replaced clutch and even did it with a smile. A smashed clutch is NOT fair wear and tear and what does the warranty cover?? 3yrs and 100k should cover all but brake pads and tyers, and the usual crap in a service, not a machanical failure!!!

Hang in there mate, I am sure you will be cruising with a smile again soon,
Good luck
Old 09-15-2004, 00:53   #9 (permalink)

Thank you Blurter and Boss8 i'll take this infomation you both has past on to good use.
I know alot of good people in the mechanical area that has also help me out a great deal.

A freind of mine is sending the clutch off to daikin to check it out.

Thank You All.

B_B
Old 09-15-2004, 01:55   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Exactly 1 week later while driving home from work the clutch went straight to the floor - and not wanting to damage it any further i pulled over. I got the car towed straight back to the dealership that night. Two days later they decided to try and find the problem. I was informed that i needed a full clutch replacement and this was not covered under a new car warranty!!!

The extent of the damage was unbelievable - the pressure plate has completley shattered into 4 pieces & the flywheel has 3 cracks around the bolt housing - parts costing around $4000!!! (Not including labor)

The ford dealership & HO have brushed me off & tried to tell me this is normal wear and tear!!!! The car only has 36000km on the clock!!!! I am soo ticked off!! I love my car and teat it well, after wanting one for a long time - my dreams are now shattered!

I am pursuing this with the Dept. of Fair Traiding & the NRMA. I just wanted to post this message to see if anyone else has had similar problems - and what they have done about it,
I had a pressure plate collapse at around 30,000km in my EF. The dealer warranty-repaired it without a second thought. This was in 1995 mind you.

It doesnt surprise me one little bit that Ford are trying to give you the shaft... the FordMoCo of 2004 seem to be right bunch of pricks when it comes to fulfilling their warranty obligations.
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons